Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Advice please?  (Read 1046 times)

Dandelion22

Advice please?
« on: May 11, 2019, 03:49:07 PM »

Wondered if any of you ladies could give me some advice please?  I am 56 years old and my last period was Christmas Eve.  About 4 weeks ago my hormones seemed to have had a flare up.  It started with a breast cyst, I have had quite a few of these over the past few years since I started in perimenopause but this was a year since my last one.  I also experienced bloating and my stomach was churning like it was hungry all the time and my GP organised an ultrasound and blood test.  The ultrasound of my ovaries and pelvic area was clear. 7 days ago I had a mini period and have had spotting most days since then but for the past two days I have got what I can only describe as a toothache towards the middle of my front pubic bone, it feels like someone is stabbing me with a needle! (when I did mention this to the GP he looked at me like I had completely lost the plot).  It is not my usual period pain but wondered if any ladies recognise this?

Hurdity

Re: Advice please?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 07:38:26 AM »

Your post got missed - there are so many! Maybe noone has experienced your pain?

I mean I get all sorts of random pains and mostly I ignore them unless there is something persistent that is actually a bad pain if you see what I mean. If you've been to the doc and had tests re your womb and blood tests then sounds like there is nothing to worry about. Could be a nerve or something?

From the sound of it although you are 56 you are still peri-menopausal - and hopefully things will calm down soon.  Make the most of your late surge of oestrogen anyway!!

Hope you're feeling better!

Hurdity x

Dandelion22

Re: Advice please?
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 04:31:08 PM »

Hi Hurdity, I wondered where you were!  After the spotting for a couple of days there was nothing then I had a bit more and the pain just went along with the bloating. I had tried all sorts of things including changing my diet but once again my body seems to have settled down again and I am feeling quite well.  I did suggest to my GP that it could be my hormones but I think he thought that was a ridiculous idea!  If only we knew what was round the corner it would stop all this anxiety which I am sure does not help at all.  At least this period is very light so hopefully I am near the end of that long road (I know I have said that before) x