Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hormone implants anyone?  (Read 707 times)

Blue Kingfisher

Hormone implants anyone?
« on: May 10, 2019, 04:12:00 PM »

Hello all,

I won't update you in detail on my continuing saga other to say I was completely wrong-diddly-wrong-wrong on my theory that I might need more progesterone. Let's not even go there!

Anyway, I'm back on 6 pumps of oestrogel (I absorb badly & my oestrogen is only 464 on this amount) & going back to 7 days 200mg progesterone pessary every month to stabilise. It wasn't great where I was before but REALLY......the increased progesterone experience was extremely bad & aggravated my thyroid condition massively. Now I've got a bit more oestrogen back in my body I feel that at least life is worth living (I do not say this lightly) & though I know I will still have monthly rough patches..... lowering my oestrogen was a whole other level of B.A.D.

Anyway, I thought I'd ask you amazing ladies what you thought about implants? The Studd clinic think my issue is down to the fact I need more oestrogen. Having just conducted a reverse experiment, I'm now more inclined to agree. But what is next....7 pumps of oestrogel? 8?!?

The Studd clinic have recommended I try an oestrogen implant but I tried one via the clinic before & the effect was disastrous as the implant didn't work at all. They injected a testosterone implant at the same time. I felt very bad after I'd weaned off the gels, phoned the clinic & they advised to give it time......I felt VERY BAD & had a blood test after 6 weeks & this showed that the testosterone had taken but for some reason the oestrogen implant had ‘failed'. Don't ask me why it failed but apparently it can happen & I was unlucky. I certainly felt very unlucky as I went from not having enough oestrogen in my body (hence the need for the implant) to almost zero very quickly. That was NOT a fun experience!

I may have to reconsider an oestrogen implant at some point but I'd worried about it ‘failing' again or it even taking OK & the oestrogen actually being too much for me & makes me feel bad as a result. It's a lack of control I'm worried about with an implant. They can't just take the thing out now can they?!!

Has anyone had any experience of implants or can offer any insights?

Thanks in advance for any replies xx

Hurdity

Re: Hormone implants anyone?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 07:31:41 AM »

Your post got missed - probably because there are very few women on here with implants. I can recall a couple - one I can't remember and another who hasn't been on here for a while ( called Chi Chi) - at least I think she had one! You could look up her posts?

Do you not feel good with 6 pumps and that level of oestrogen? Have you tried patches?

Most of us feel bad on higher doses of progesterone - that is very unlikely to be the solution for anyone as  higher doses give a much higher concentration in the body than would occur during the menstrual cycle I think.

Sorry I can't be of more help....maybe someone else will be along?

Hurdity x