Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Indivina for peri-menopause?  (Read 729 times)

TJC1

• First Flush
Indivina for peri-menopause?
« on: May 13, 2019, 08:52:07 PM »

Hi all 😁
I'm 44 - peri-menopausal for around 2 years. I've not gone on HRT as I wanted to try a change in diet and exercise first (has helped!) and yoga and meditation has been great for anxious and angry days.
To help with lower moods and swings and due to my osteoporosis higher risk (age) my GP has recommended indivina as it's a continual low dose. But on the instructions it says for women at least 3 years post menopause!
So I'm wondering whether it's the right one for me and my stage in the M and/or if anyone has taken it and how it was?
Thanks everyone 🙏🏼

Hurdity

Re: Indivina for peri-menopause?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 07:53:11 AM »

Hi TJC1

Your post got missed! They quickly drop off the page!

Firstly yes Indivina is for post-menopause. The usual instructions are for 12 months without period ( the definition of when menopause is reached). I have no idea why the instructions for this one say 3 years as this is at odds with all other instructions which are for one year (sometimes they say 18 months).

Even so if you are still peri-menopausal then this is the wrong type as you would normally be given cyclical HRT to give a monthly bleed. I can see the doc is wanting to even out mood swings by giving you this one. It won't do you any harm but may cause unpredictable bleeding - ie you won't know when to expect a bleed - but then if you are peri with unpredictable periods you presumably don't know anyway?. You could try it and see how you feel?

The other alternative is to try one of the CCP types that are like HRT - there is Qlaira - which contains estradiol - the same hormone as in HRT, and only has 2 tablet free days. This would help even out mood swings. There is another one called Zoely. They also act as contraceptives - an added advantage. I understand gynaes sometimes favour these in younger women going through menopause.

Hope this helps :)

Hurdity x