Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Very tired advice please  (Read 1362 times)

purplebee

Very tired advice please
« on: May 10, 2019, 11:58:46 AM »

Hi, I  switched from Femoston tablets to Evorel conti 50mg in February (3 months now) I'm 68 and the Evorel seems to be working with reduced hot flushes and just a bit of spotting and every now and them some tenderness in my nipples... however, I feel very tired and am wondering if this has anything to do with Evorel. I would be grateful for any thoughts. Many thanks.

Dancinggirl

Re: Very tired advice please
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 01:14:05 PM »

The fatigue may be more to do with being on a conti HRT - progesterone can have a sedative effect so using it every day might may be the cause. I felt sedated for a few weeks after having the Mirena fitted as there is a biggish hit after fitting which then settles down and less is absorbed systemically. Using oral or transdermal patches will mean a higher dose of progesterone, so more side effects.  Things may well settle as your body adjusts .  DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 02:50:31 PM »

Also intense tiredness can be caused by low VitD levels.

purplebee

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2019, 09:20:14 AM »

Thank you for your replies and advice.I am taking a Vit D supplement and Magnesium to see if that helps..I know it can take up to 6 months plus to settle. Many thanks. x

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2019, 10:05:09 AM »

If you think it could be the hrt I would ask to to go on a sequi regime for three months. You'll take the progesterone patches for two weeks out of four so you'll be able to tell if this is causing the tiredness.

purplebee

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2019, 10:31:49 AM »

Hi Sheila. thank you.. I have decided to cut my patch in half today (I used to use only half a patch for many years until a polyp was discovered last year and removed) I sailed along quite nicely on it.. so fingers crossed less is more lol!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2019, 05:25:47 PM »

Did U have blood tests for VitD levels?  My capsules helped within 3 weeks ........

Robin

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2019, 05:48:01 PM »

Progesterone causes my breast and nipple pain