Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Taking HRT but still sometimes anxious or nervous  (Read 6393 times)

ladylollipop

Taking HRT but still sometimes anxious or nervous
« on: May 09, 2019, 07:01:59 PM »

Hello everybody, haven't been here for a while , sorry. I do take Fem7sequi plasters since August 2018 and 37 mg venlafaxine. I feel much better but still have days or weeks where I feel rubbish again. Then I worry that the anxiety, agitation etc is going to come back.  Then I can't stop thinking about the horrible time I had when all this menopause stuff started. Does anybody who takes HRT also have bad days or weeks?

Best wishes
Lady Lollipop 

allie007

Re: Taking HRT but still sometimes anxious or nervous
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 07:10:15 PM »

Gosh yes Ladylollipop. Its the first thing I think about every morning and last thing at night. Wondering what my mood will be like, will i sleep. Bloody menopause has taken over my life.
Sending hugs xx

ladylollipop

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 07:16:01 PM »

Hello allie, thanks for your reply. Yes I often have the same feeling. Wake up and worry about my mood. It is so annoying especially when you have to go to work and have to be fit. But we will survive this horrible time.

Hugs
Lady Lollipop

DownDillie

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 07:18:41 PM »

I still have days where I feel very stressed for no apparent reason, my chest feels tight with anxiety, heart racing. I find that if there is something that previously might have caused mild stress - this now causes much more stress. I've had to learn to accept it and understand that it will go away in due course. Thankfully it doesn't happen all that often any more.

ladylollipop

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 07:22:12 PM »

Hello downdillie, just a question: are you taking HRT

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 07:26:47 PM »

Yes me too.
Even on hrt, still have ups n downs, anxiety being the worse symptom, followed by being really down and in the dumps!
One day I hope, all this will be a memory, not a nice memory, more a nightmare, but at least we'd have got through it!
Xxx

DownDillie

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2019, 07:29:51 PM »

Hi ladylollipop,
Yes I am. Utrogestan 100mg daily and Sandrena gel (oestrogen 1mg). I'm inclined to vary the Sandrena dose because I think that it's the oestrogen that makes me a bit jittery sometimes. I think the Utrogestan has a slightly sedative effect, which I find calming.

ladylollipop

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2019, 07:38:17 PM »

How long do you both take HRT already? Do you also take something else like Antidepressiva? I never ever had problems with anxiety and when it first happened I  didn't know what was going on. Nobody told me that it could be a symptom of menopause. Visited several doctors. All said the same: burnout . Sometimes Dr google is very helpful  :)

racjen

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2019, 08:57:31 PM »

God yeah, similar to Birdy - I have chronic acute morning anxiety (for 18 months now, every single morning) plus variable anxiety the rest of the day and depression varying from severe ie can hardly manage to get up before it's time to go back to bed, to mild. I'm on Evorel 100 plus progesterone (was utrogestan till last month but that made my depression much worse, so have changed to Provera which so far is better), plus have tried various ADs with no success - currently have been on Mirtazipine for 10 weeks but no improvement. Sadly for some of us it appears that there isn't really any simple answer, except hopefully time....

DownDillie

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2019, 09:22:13 PM »

How long do you both take HRT already? Do you also take something else like Antidepressiva? I never ever had problems with anxiety and when it first happened I  didn't know what was going on. Nobody told me that it could be a symptom of menopause. Visited several doctors. All said the same: burnout . Sometimes Dr google is very helpful  :)

My GP wanted to give me antidepressants when I went to her with my symptoms, which included a very low mood, panicky feelings, tight chest, heart-racing, a general 'high-alert' feeling, feelings of impending doom, feeling my life was over, reviewing every stupid/horrible thing I've ever done, deciding I'm a terrible mother - you get the gist  :o. I used to spend a lot of time with my fist pressed to my chest-bone to try to calm myself. I ignored my GP, I knew I wasn't depressed.

I've been taking HRT since May 2016. It took quite a few months before everything settled down. As I said, I still get more stressed than before and can panic sometimes in situations where there really is no need and no point. Sometimes I do get that anxious feeling in the morning but mostly things are on an even keel.

Kathleen

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2019, 06:21:57 PM »

Hello ladies.

I have been using HRT for six years but continue to have problems with anxiety. I have jittery feelings in my chest and stomach area, as if something is shaking inside my body. They come and go at random times and can last for hours or days. I usually feel well and calm when the horrible feelings stop.  I am driving myself mad trying to work out what causes these sensations so that I can have some sort of control over them.  HRT has reduced the intensity of my symptoms but certainly not eradicated them unfortunately.

Downdillie - I used to press my hand into my chest/stomach when the feeling strikes because that's where the jitters seemed to be located. Actually I still do that even though the shaking is milder than it was.

I would love to be rid of this symptom but it persists no matter how high or low my Oestrogen is and whatever progesterone I am taking. I guess my search for an answer continues!

Wishing everyone well.

K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2019, 07:38:55 PM »

Appropriate anti-anxiety medication  :-\ - one should not blame every symptom on menopause!

racjen

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2019, 08:51:21 PM »

CLKD, for some of us there is no such thing as appropriate anti-anxiety medication. What do you do if all the recommended drugs either don't work or give you worse side-effects than the original symptoms? if someone would just give me an anti-anxiety med that worked without making me suicidally depressed, or wasn't so addictive I developed a tolerance to it within a few weeks, I'd take it willingly. Unfortunately for some of us, it really isn't as simple as you make out  :'(.

Anjia

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2019, 09:36:46 PM »

I must say Kathleen you sound exactly like myself everything you said I can relate to I just go from day to day hoping for the best anxiety never leaves me I have learned to cope with it but on bad days it can be unbearable wish I had a magic cure .

Anjia

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2019, 05:51:41 AM »

I wonder if testosterone helps with anxiety I am on an estrogen only patch as I had a hysterectomy and left with one overy but at 59 now prob makes no difference  I read an article yesterday that said women who use testosterone had less anxiety ?
Pages: [1] 2