Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: FYI menopause being discussed all next week on breakfast telly BBC1  (Read 930 times)

pepperminty

As title . FYI -

Pepperminty x

catlover68

I saw this earlier and will be watching it to see if any more tips for me as cannot take hrt🙄

Rosie63

Thanks for the heads up pepperminty x

pepperminty

No probs, if this morning ws anything to go by, they said menopause doesn't last you get over it! OMG, wish I had been told that before-  ::)

Perinowpost

Yes well still waiting for that to happen 🙄 x

racjen

That is the problem with all these menopause awareness progs that are cropping up on radio and TV -  they're great, brilliant to get it talked about more and seen as part of normal life. And to have it stated that you can go and ask for help and it will be available. For many many women that'll be enough. But for the small minority of us for whom it's a lot more complicated it really isn't any help - I feel like I've reached a point where the experts can't offer me any more help, I just don't respond in the expected way. So I'm left with my own resources and this forum. It's a bit like gathering up all your courage to go to your GP because you have depression, having been assured that there's treatment out there and you'll be cured, only to find that nothing they suggest helps. I've ended up feeling more isolated and like i'm a freak because I just don't seem to react in the expected way to anything, and no-one seems to be able to help.

pepperminty

I suspect that there are more ladies not sailing through meno than there are sailing through without symptoms. Except some just put up with it. I see ladies regularly in their sixties and beyond with uti's, atrophy, osteoporosis, dementia, general frailty, anxiety, depression etc  and they just accept it as normal.