Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: In need of wise words-constant bleeding  (Read 1002 times)

Coogee

In need of wise words-constant bleeding
« on: May 09, 2019, 03:56:57 PM »

Hi. I've come back to this amazing forum after a few months as I am needing some, well I guess, reassurance, or at least wise words which you share so well.

I am 51. I started bleeding 7 months ago, for 6 months constant, sometimes just spotting or when wiping, but usually a distinct bleed. I then had 1 month blissfully with nothing. I changed GP as although I had told him repeatedly about the bleeding he did nothing (apparently it "May be menopause as that happens when you are 52"! The new GP was straight on it and I had an ultrasound scan. Thickened endometrium at 13mm, so had a biopsy. I am waiting for the results (2 1/2 weeks). I know it is a waiting game but today I'm just feeling bluuuhhh, I'm sure you know what I mean. Bleeding again and still got upper stomach issues (another story with the seemingly non caring GP though that may be really unfair and more me interpreting my own feelings). There has been mix up after mix up, including typos getting my age at 61 which of course has an impact at this time of life, not referring when they said they would etc. so my confidence in the system is also low.

Sorry for the long post. I need to rant with people who understand.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: In need of wise words-constant bleeding
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 05:15:50 PM »

Sounds about 'normal'  ::)

Do you keep a diary to chart feelings? Certainly forgetfulness is a problem.  If you browse you'll see lots of 'problems' that are 'common'.

Making sure that you aren't anaemic is important too.

Coogee

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 06:05:26 PM »

Thanks CLKD. I did keep a detailed diary for months but have given up now as it is the same repeated, and repeated, and.....

Hopefully get to some answers soon. As everyone says, the not knowing is the worst.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 08:15:05 PM »

What's with the upper stomach problems?

As oestrogen levels drop-off muscles may become lax = aches and pains as well as hiatus hernia which can present as indigestion; reflux; heartburn  >:(.  What's yours like?

Coogee

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 07:27:53 AM »

The stomach problems started the same time as the constant bleeding, 7 months ago. It is also constant with a pain right across under the ribs or more focused on left or right and always middle. CT scan showed nothing. I also have restricted breathing, it feels like my diaphragm is stuck, I think because of bloating. GP doesn't know either but it is so bad I can't run, sing, all things I used to do. Don't seem to get heartburn or indigestion. I wondered too if it's muscles not working
as it feels like food doesn't move along and normal size meals take forever to digest (I do get hungry and happy to eat full meal it's just after that is a problem).  Really hoping this will improve when hormones stop doing their unhelpful jig about.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2019, 07:36:13 AM »

Morning!

Ah I remember that needing to draw a deep breath but unable to do so.  HORMONES.  4 me.  It was in the days leading up to a period. Once the bleed began that feeling would go and I would forget until the next month. 

Slow transit can be problematic 4 me.  I found that Colpermin peppermint capsules and I think 'motillium' (3 small pills) - prescribed by the GP - eased symptoms almost immediately.  The idea is to swallow them within the hour of eating main meals to encourage transit.  I had to swallow 2/3 capsules a day - same when I switched to Actimel drinks - 3 a day minimum. 

Make a diet sheet to see when and what you eat in any 24 hours.  Make sure that you don't rush meals (my problem).  Sit correctly whilst eating, don't slump (my problem).  I find that red meat is difficult to digest, can take days  >:( and I can see the spasms moving it through my belly  ::).

Certainly the pain seems to be related to pressure.  If it was having lifted something heavy or awkwardly I wouldn't expect it to have lasted very long.    R U taking regular pain relief because that can cause problems.

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2019, 07:47:55 AM »

Hi Coogee

How long had you been without a period before you started bleeding? During peri-menopause all sorts of bleeding patterns can happen. - See this website https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/heavyperiods.php and https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/periodtreatments.php and this articel about peri-menopause which mentions anovulatory cycles that can cause the womb lining to build up:  https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/magazine/pdf/Article%20-%20Perils%20of%20the%20Perimenopause.pdf

Let us know the outcome and hope all is well :)

Hurdity x

Coogee

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2019, 08:33:20 AM »

Thanks for your advice. I'll try your suggestions..think at this stage I'd try standing in a bucketful of manure with my pants on my head in the middle of a roundabout if I thought it would help! Thankfully no-one is suggesting that  ;)