Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hair loss - styling tips etc  (Read 1593 times)

Bobidy

Hair loss - styling tips etc
« on: December 09, 2019, 11:27:08 PM »

Hi

I've seen a few posts recently about hair loss and remembered a segment on This Morning I saw earlier this year. No miracle cures I'm afraid, but some styling tips etc that you may or may not find helpful.

https://www.itv.com/thismorning/style-beauty/how-to-tackle-female-pattern-baldness

And one from ages ago...

https://www.itv.com/thismorning/style-beauty/worried-by-hair-loss-or-thinning-hair-leo-bancroft

jaycee

Re: Hair loss - styling tips etc
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2019, 11:19:14 AM »

Thank you for the links,the second one didn't work, but i was disappointed in the first that it only showed the hairdresser talking and no result,but my hair pattern isn't like that anyway,i have tried the fibres,[horrible,]and don't work if they have no hair to stick to, mine is too big an area for those,
I was hoping it would show some toppers,or hair pieces,or wigs even

Bobidy

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2019, 12:41:32 PM »

Oh no! Sorry about that, I didn't check them first.

When I watched it real time in the summer it suggested products to give the appearance of thicker hair and showed hairstyles to disguise thinning hair. I can't remember what any of them were though. I think it was partings etc and some clip in hair pieces etc.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2019, 01:24:09 PM »

I haven't looked at the Links but do wonder if visiting an ethnic hair salon to explain the problem?  The coloured girls do so much with their hair but apparently it can take a whole day  ;D - that'll be coffee and cake in the morning and Prosecco later?