Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Does this happen to anyone else?  (Read 1205 times)

Sparkler

Does this happen to anyone else?
« on: May 05, 2019, 08:39:47 PM »

Hi. I have asked this before, but does anyone else have hot flushes at the same times each day? Mine are 9:30 each night, plus or minus 10 minutes and I can't work out why. Yes I do need to increase estrogen when I go back for hrt review at the end of the month, but mightily confused as to why this might happen.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Does this happen to anyone else?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 07:57:43 PM »

My friend had this happen every night around 8.30 - 3 hours after eating.  It took several years after many tests to put it down to hormones. 

Sparkler

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 08:54:17 PM »

Thank you both CKLD and Birdy.  Good to hear I am not going bonkers alone.

It happens wherever. At a concert, driving, watching tv, whatever. I get the flush and ask DH the time and it is always 9:30. I guess it could be 3 hours after eating.

I am considering increasing estrogen as I still have some symptoms, also I have not had a bleed yet since starting sequential hrt in March. Perhaps a higher dose would stop the flushes properly?

Shadyglade

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 12:23:49 PM »

Sounds very likely doesn't it?
I used to flush if I ate spicy food, or sugar. But immediately afterwards.
I also flushed more if i was stressed or excited. I believe flushing is linked to cortisol levels too.

Same here. Alcohol also had the same effect.

Sparkler

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 06:39:24 PM »

Thanks girls. I do flush with alcohol and warm rooms, but these ones at 9:30 happen even if I have not eaten, am at home or out. It must just be a bodyclock thing I think. Have made an appt for 30th May to see the doc and will ask for increased estrogen. I am pretty sure he will be happy to do this as he originally wanted me to start on 50 and I chose 25 instead.

Hoping to have a bleed before then, so we'll see.

Sparkler
X

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2019, 08:14:49 PM »

Hello Sparkler.

I am post meno and have always suffered from 'surges'. I obsess about the cause and my latest theory is that the caffeine in dark chocolate is responsible for my sudden irritability and jittery feelings but who knows?
This whole journey is beyond frustrating and you have my sympathy.

Wishing you well.

K.