Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Just to say Hi  (Read 1347 times)

Gillydlf

Just to say Hi
« on: May 06, 2019, 06:54:52 PM »

Hi, my names Gill I'm 57 & 3 years  post menopausal. I thought I was gong to sail through the menopause but it's hit me like a ton of bricks!! I didn't have any symptoms up to 3 years ago, wondering why all the women I worked with complained about hot flushes😠then suddenly wham!

I have Hot flushes, palpitations, chest pain, heartburn,rib ache, ringing in my ears, forearms ache, hips ache, sciatica in my right butt, tingling in my left foot which only comes at night when I'm in bed & dizzy headaches😱

As you can imagine with that list of ailments I have ha😕I am fine when I'm at work but as soon as I get home off I go! I'm convinced most evenings I'm going to have a heart attack😢I've had all the cardio checks & all fine but still I'm convinced there's something wrong😥I've had an endoscopy, for the chest pain,  results came back fine, I've had an MRI  for the leg & ankle pains again results were good news so why oh why do I sit & have these stupid thoughts??? I'm now trying Cbt, I've only had 1 so far next one this Wednesday.

I thought the palpitations had left me alone but the last few days they've come back, I'm constantly checking my Fitbit to see what my heart rate is😕Which btw is absolutely fine, so  then I want to know why can I feel my heart beating??? I get sharp shooting pains across my chest too🤔

I feel horrid most days but don't know why!

My lady GP was very sympathetic at the beginning but now I feel she now thinks I'm a hypochondriac, which I know I am but can't seem to stop my racing mind!

Before menopause I was such a laid back person not a lot bothered me😄 How I wish I could be like that again.

This site is fabulous it calms me down a lot so would just like to say thank you for your posts they are a god send🙏🙏

Padine

Re: Just to say Hi
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 07:28:49 PM »

Hi Gilly,
 I know how you feel and it's great to read another post from a Newbie who has gone from being stone cold sane to a wreck! Since I turned 50 life has been so different for me in a negative/horrible way. Now my skin has gone to pot all in the space of 48 hours. I'm reading Andrea Maclean's nre Menopause book and on Loosewomen today, she looked fabulous (as did all the ladies). This forum does cheer me up altho I feel sometimes that other ladies must think I'm a hypochondriac, as they are suffering much more and just get on with it. Hopefully just a down day more so than usual  :(
Padine x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 08:01:30 PM »

You'll fit right in!  Ask away, anything goes here.

Browse round.  Make notes.  Do read the threads on vaginal  :o atrophy  ;)

Not many people are true hypochondriacs!!!  Decide which symptom you would like to ease first, keep a mood/food/symptom diary, make a double appt. and talk to your GP as to what is available.  Then bring the script back to the Forum, put the name into the search box and see if it's for you.  It can be Trial and Error!

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 08:09:38 PM »

Hi Gillydiff

Experienced everything you've mentioned myself, and still get chest pains and palps every so often, even on hrt!
For some reason, low hormones does this to us, but hrt has given me back most of my life, I can cope now, before I was a wreck, and couldn't cope with anything!  I too, like most of us on here, thought we were going to die, but we're still here, thank god, it's just this horrible menopause that just won't go away!
Ask anything you like, someone's always on to offer advice and support....
Keep posting......xxxx have you thought about hrt?  Xx

Gillydlf

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2019, 08:50:02 PM »

Hi again,

Thanks for your replies😄

Just reading all the posts keeps my mind occupied which stops me thinking about myself!  I've been reading new & old posts so  I haven't thought about my heart racing or "chest pain" so it's been a good evening😄
I tried hrt patches but didn't feel any better so  after a few months i gave in, my Gp prescribed the  Estrogel pump & Utrogestan tablets but  as I always do I read the side effects & scared myself with what might happen if I use it so both are still sitting in the cupboard😕

I will start a diary because I feel that certain foods make my heartburn worse so writing  it down is a great idea😄

Thanks

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2019, 08:56:26 PM »

Hi gilldiff

If those posts have helped with your symptoms, read the this n that thread,
It'll have you laughing so much.....
Xx

Jillm

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2019, 03:45:55 PM »

Hi Gillydlf and welcome,
I could have written your first post.
I jointed in early January and have found this site invaluable in the last few months.
I had palpitations very regularly last year GP gave me propranolol which helped, the palpitations then stopped until last couple of weeks & now they are back, taking the tablets as and when needed though not sure they are having much effect.
I also have aching legs, joints, sore lower back, hot flushes and night sweats which had basically stopped have now also returned.
Buzzing legs, skin sometimes feels like it is sunburn/crawling feeling, a bit like a fizzing feeling under my skin and I wish I could just climb out of it and run away.
GP not sure what's going on, maybe lower back problem maybe hormones. I am lost and permanently scared I have a horrible decease.
All the help and advise given by everyone here helps keep me sane.
It does help to know other people are experiencing the same, although don't wish it on anyone.
Hope this helps and that you are keeping well