Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Elleste Duet Conti  (Read 704 times)

PSwani1

Elleste Duet Conti
« on: May 08, 2019, 09:14:58 PM »

Hi

I am on Elleste Duet Conti and I believe it has been withdrawn from production.  I had the run round last time my repeat was due between GP and pharmacies.  Long story short managed to get a 3 month supply of Elleste.   Again this repeat, same problems.  GP still prescribing Elleste even though I have told them its not available.

Managed to get a one off prescription for killofem and the run round has started again.... 

Sigh...

Beaker

Re: Elleste Duet Conti
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 08:04:31 AM »

Not wishing to be downright negative but I fear that supply/availability of all our medications may be less reliable post Brexit.  I do hope that I am wrong in this suspicion.   

roseandthorn

Re: Elleste Duet Conti
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 12:58:09 PM »

My experience has been that HRT formulations regularly go out of supply. I have had to change from FemSeven Conti which suited me very well but even before this particular "outage" there were periods when I couldn't get hold of it easily. I have had a really disastrous experience with my first alternative prescription which was FemSeven 50 patches and 100mg daily Utrogestan but am now doing much better on Femoston Conti 1mg/5mg orally and hope I can stick with this.