Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: New member bewildered, anxious ,irritable ,helpless  (Read 1222 times)

MCK

New member bewildered, anxious ,irritable ,helpless
« on: May 04, 2019, 09:26:02 PM »

Where to start, brief summary, started oral hrt December 2018 and switched to everil conti  patches in April. Had to stop after horrible heavy bleeding , previously no bleeding for 18 months. Attended gynae clinic and awaiting results. General conclusion patches have caused the bleeding. Clearly stopped all medication but god do I feel rubbish. Hot flashes are back  with a vengeance along with  lots of irritability ,  tiredness , headachy , teary and vaginal dryness . GP cant risk giving me any oestrogen , hoping bleeding will settle and said I really have no choice but to go cold turkey for a while and see what happens .I have looked up all of the alternative herbal remedies but find myself in a  confused state with regards to what to try next. Exercising , on soya milk, trying to eat healthily but really feeling like my coping mechanisms are being tested. Best advice please on tried and tested alternatives before I lose my mind . I'm normally good at juggling , but losing my cheery disposition and its becoming noticeable to others .Thank you for listening ....Mary

Dotty

Re: New member bewildered, anxious ,irritable ,helpless
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 03:48:35 AM »

Hi it can take 6 months for bleeding to settle when starting any new hrt so you need to give your body time to settle on the patches. Transdermal hrt with Utrogestan May be better for you x

JaneinPen

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2019, 07:29:30 AM »

:welcomemm: I can't offer you advice MCK just wanted to welcome you to the madhouse. I am sure some of our lovely ladies will be along soon with some helpful advice

MCK

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2019, 07:35:05 AM »

Thank you. I will have a read about that type

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2019, 07:41:11 AM »

Hi MCK. Conti HRT is known to cause bleeding for the first six months and is considered normal. It mentions this in the patient information leaflet but I know it can be worrying and inconvenient. I had continuous bleeding myself but decided to persevere for the six months. When the bleeding continued after this time I opted to go onto a sequi regime which gave me a predictable monthly bleed. There are a few of us on here who have done this. I don't understand why your GP has advised that you are unable to have oestrogen when conti is known to give bleeding but sadly some Gps are not that clued up on HRT   ::)

When do you get your results?

You will get lots of help and support on here so won't feel so alone with this. The ladies on here are fabulous. Such a wealth of knowledge and experience.

Taz x  :welcomemm:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 07:49:57 AM by Taz2 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2019, 07:46:26 PM »

Why do GPs continue to prescribe medications that they know nowt about ?!?  :bang:

You need HRT - maybe write down which symptom you would like to ease first.  Read the notes here about the medication you were given by putting the name into the search box.  Make notes. 

Also if you have dryness you need treatment for atrophy.  As oestrogen levels drop off the body may become dry: inside and out - deep in the ears, vagina, skin, eyes, insteps ........ which can cause itchiness.  Also, muscles may become lax = aches and pains. 

Browse round.  Let us know what you decide.  How old are you - if 'young' then you will require HRT to protect heart and bones ;-).  Many GPs don't believe that women are menopausal unless they have sweats and flushing!