Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: How do you get through it  (Read 682 times)

K8Y

How do you get through it
« on: May 04, 2019, 08:31:35 AM »

Honestly feel like I have some dreadful disease

My doctor will not test my hormone levels as says it's a waste of time as will probably come back normal and yes I've heard this can be the case but I'm struggling with on off anxiety and I dream and feel like all these symptoms are awful disease symptoms. I know I shouldn't but I google things and yesterday was convinced I have pancreatic cancer. I'm seriously loosing the plot.

Currently just finished my period and trying to note things down and symptoms but seem to be different each month. I have two maybe good weeks a month. The current lightheadedness , anxiety and back pain are driving me mad.

I have a abdominal scan due in two weeks so the anxiety is getting worse I think because of that and once I get the results the doctor says she will discuss options of either the coil and oestrogen patches , going back on the pill or taking anxiety tablets.

How do you just get up and carry on

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: How do you get through it
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 09:00:13 AM »

You do.  Take half a day at a time and remember this is The Change, not some awful disease. 

How on/off are your periods?  Is the anxiety the worst part, if so try suitable medication regardless of causation.  It will help see the wood for the trees.  It is usual to have two goods weeks each month then variable symptoms, when about do you feel better?  How were you during your regular menstruating years?  I would feel very sick and weepy in the few days leading up to a bleed even if 1 wasn't due.

Keep a note of how you feel and what you eat.  A list to take to your GP next time.

Do you exercise?  Work?  etc.?

K8Y

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 09:33:41 AM »

Hi

Thank you for your reply

I usually feel rubbish the week before my period and then during and just after with in between feeling ok.

I'm still regular although they have changed and I'm heavier. I used to be 28 days all the time but now more like 30.

I bought some 5 HTP but don't want really to take it regularly.

I am active. I work full time and work has let me have 2 home working days a week since I have been having anxiety. I gym once a week and feel great when I've been so maybe I need to drag myself there more and up the workouts. I also am a keen gardener but some days find it hard to even get outside.

My periods were very heavy as a teenager and I used to take tablets but haven't been on them for years as they settled but seem to be heavier again and I will have a tampon and towel on just in case and sometimes it's needed

Just wish the GPs were more supportive

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 11:24:05 AM »

:welcomemm:

I had heavy, clotty, painful periods for years  :'(. In hindsight I don't know how I survived. I think it was Feminax that helped the pain. Eventually I went onto the contraceptive Pill.  Then was sterilised.  Then got PMT  >:(  ::) and NAPS recommended eating every 3 hours, 24/7.  Periods were 32 days apart until peri when they waxed and waned, fortunately not as heavy and with no pain.

Eating well, regularly.  Keep hydrated.  Exercising well but don't over do it.  Use pain relief when necessary.  As oestrogen levels drop the muscles may become lax = aches and pains as well as the body drying out: inside and out, do read our threads on vaginal atrophy!

Does the 5HTP help?