Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Night sweat caused blood shot eye ?  (Read 2101 times)

pants46

• Still Struggling
Night sweat caused blood shot eye ?
« on: April 22, 2019, 11:09:44 AM »

Hey ladies, a quick question.
I had a proper night sweat last night, woke up at 2am (hot and sweaty, obviously) ... went to the loo and saw one of my eyes was really blood shot. It was better by the time I got up this morning. But I was wondering whether hot flahes or night sweats can cause that, or whether it was just a coincidence??
Thanks. xx

Tc

Re: Night sweat caused blood shot eye ?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 11:16:01 AM »

Hiya pants. This weather isnt helping in the hot flush department is it.
It was most likely a complete coincidence. The pollen count was high. I had my window open and i was sneezing up a storm. I reckon you inadvertently rubbed your eye I  your sleep.
Hows your Easter been?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 11:35:42 AM by Tc »

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 12:05:26 PM »

Hey Tc. I do hope it was a coincidence. I'm pottering in the garden again today, I've just mown the front lawn and it is quite dusty, so I washed my hands, face and specs as soon as I came back in.
So far, its been an ok Easter weekend. Just trying to get some jobs done, before I have to try and focus on work again. So a bit of gardening, sorting through paperwork, paying bills etc. Trying to stay cool and worrying about the summer to come ... going to buy some black out blinds and another fan this week ... my house is like an oven on sunny days.
How are you ? Have you had a good weekend? Are you making any progress with your stuff? xx

Tc

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 05:09:51 PM »

I'm o.k. dont realy like these long weekends but I've got through it  I'm realy thinking the utrogestan is causing me some issues. Maybe too much progesterone  I'm seeing my physc tommorow.
Sounds like you've got lots done today.
And it looks like the weather cooler tonight. Although try telling our internal "heaters" that!!
Xxxx

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 01:30:57 AM »

Just woken up with another hot flush, had a wierd dream as well (I don't usually remember dreams) and both my eyes are a little blood shot. The one that was worse yesterday seems to have a tiny burst vessel today. Both my eyelids are puffy and pink too. Have the begininngs of a headache. I'd only been asleep an hour, rather frustrating. Drinking milk and eating buscuits to make myself feel better.
Tc - why don't you like holiday weekends ?
xx

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 09:41:22 AM »

Had a 2nd night sweat last night, at 7am. Woke up drenched in sweat. Don't understand. I hadn't had hot at night episodes for quite a few weeks, only waking up a bit warm.
I started Evorel patches on Thursday (so 5 days ago). Am I going backwards on hrt ?

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2019, 03:10:03 AM »

The blood shot eye thing has happened again. Am now really quite worried.  :'(

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2019, 12:51:57 PM »

And, when I finally got out of bed I found that one of my earring holes is infected. I haven't worn earrings for years. Never had  an infection there, now suddenly its gunky, red and hot.
What is happening to me ?
Anybody with any good ideas about my eye ?
xx

Tc

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2019, 02:49:44 PM »

Pants. Has the eye gone down?
For some reason it would seem we become so much more sensitive to everything during meno.
Xxx

Tc

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2019, 03:11:13 PM »

Yes. I was going to say let pharmasist have a look. They are usually pretty good with eye infections.xx

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2019, 05:01:40 PM »

So the bloodshot eye went down pretty quickly. So by the time I got to the pharmacy there was nothing to see. I did explain the problem to the pharmacist, but she had never heard of it being a peri symptom (she was probably only 25 yrs old), and the older lady behind the counter hadn't heard of it either.
Ive never had allergies, and you would think it would be a continuous problem, if it were that.
They've given me eye drops for dry eyes. I'll try these for a few days, and see how I get on.
I've put savlon on my ear.
It's just never ending  :(
Thanks everyone. xx
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 05:03:54 PM by pants46 »

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2019, 09:54:09 PM »

Thanks anna, I'm going to read all the links you sent in the morning. xx

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2019, 08:42:03 PM »

So, woke up twice last night (I think!!),  and both my eyes were a little blood shot. But in addition, my eyelids were really red and puffy too.
Earlier today I washed and dried my hair, both times having to turn my head upside down, and my eyelids went red again. That has gone now, but my eyelids have visibly dropped. They are touching my eyelashes now. What's going on ?

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2019, 09:49:35 PM »

I do. Had it for years. But never directed at my face. And I made a point, last night, of turning it even further away from face, so that I couldn't feel any air movement.
I could switch it off tonight, I guess. I also thought about trying to sleep sitting up !!

Tc

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2019, 08:09:22 PM »

Pants. The fan does it to me too. And air con.
Have you ever tried a dehumidifier?