Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Confuused  (Read 670 times)

Moonshine54

Confuused
« on: May 03, 2019, 06:52:31 PM »

Hi  Everyone,
I need some advice. After a horrible experience at my GPS. I have now  been offered utrogestan 200mg and evorel 25 patches.
This is one of the treatments Dr Currie suggested  As well as the mirena,coil with patches.  She said they had to be taken sequentially for two weeks. The doctor  saw today hasn't said this and it just says take two at  night. I still have periods  and in 54. 
I am a bit confused .....do I just take them for two weeks and keep the patches on all the time. Sorry if this sounds a very silly question. I an very confused.  But also feel that at least I am starting to get some help . Xxx Mooney

Tc

Re: Confuused
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 07:54:35 PM »

Hi Mooney. If the patches are eastrogen only then you use them all the time. You dont have to stop using them when taking utrogestan.
Because you're still having periods it sounds like a sequential routine has been advised.
Which means you only take the utrogestan for part of the month. This allows for a bleed .
As I understand it continous utrogestan I.e every night either 25 days or straight through without a break is for post meno women and in that case its 100mg each night.
So what dr Currie said sounds right to me especially as you've been given 200mg tabs.

I'm sure someone will be along to advise further and maybe to advise on when to start this regarding your own cycle.i think there might be a way to "sync" it with your own cycle if your periods are regular.
Good luckx