Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I feel a rant coming on!!! Subject: GP's & Vagifem....angry face!  (Read 2555 times)

Turkish delight

Hi all!

Just in from my Docs walk-in surgery.

I asked for the 1st available slot & any Doc and had to wait only 2 hours to be seen....hm!

The doctor was a senior partner, nice enough chap but refused point blank to add Vagifem to my repeat prescription list.
Even though I've been on them with some improvement for 3 weeks. He said I have to come back and see my own GP, and that my GP will decide whether he wants me to have anymore.

Now that is easier said than done, as my own GP is like a celebrity in my surgery. Everyone and their mother wants to see him bcz he's good. I'm not even exaggerating when I say that there are never any apmnts to see him left available even if you scroll forward by 3 months looking at the online bookable apmnts. I seriously have more chance of getting an apmnt with Mother Teresa than my own GP at this point...oh you've gotta laugh.

The Doc I saw today relented after he saw the look of despair on my face he agreed to give me a measly 24 and said that's 3 months worth...er! And said again that I need to see my own GP. I didn't kick off and was very polite, mainly bcz he wouldn't have surrendered my 24 Vagi's if I did. He was also of the opinion that there is no way one could have more than the recommended dose of twice weekly.
I fear we are fighting a losing battle girls, one to save our Vagina's from the pit of doom!

TD

Winterose

Re: I feel a rant coming on!!! Subject: GP's & Vagifem....angry face!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 11:29:32 AM »

How frustrating for you. Could you get it on a repeat prescription so you don't need to see doctors?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 11:44:03 AM »

Give your surgery a ring and ask the GP or Nurse Practitioner to phone you at home.  Also report this GP to Dr Currie on here, it's about time we named and shamed.  "Dear Dr, this GP is way behind his knowledge regarding the treatment of VA!" copy to the British Menopause Society.  I'm fed up with the message not getting through!!!

Dinousaurs  :bang: :bang: :bang: aslo, how does he think that 24 is 3 months' worth, which issue of MIMMS is he reading from!?!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 11:58:48 AM by CLKD »

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 11:51:38 AM »

I have to say that my GP has been on the ball right the way through.  He supported me during my years of depression and anxiety followed by noting my urine symptoms were vaginal atrophy and never hesitated in prescribing appropriate treatment.  I never feel rushed at appts. and if necessary make a double appt. .......

But I spit feathers every time a lady posts here, makes me wonder how many scuttle home that aren't aware of the Forum and support as well as what is appropriate!

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2019, 11:54:01 AM »

You shouldn't have to but consider buying from a private online pharmacy.  You may only need to do this once as they'll ask your permission for your gp to be informed (which I did) and then it was on my repeats x

Maryjane

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2019, 12:41:36 PM »

TD are you in my VA FB group?

Tc

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2019, 01:57:09 PM »

TG. I'm boiling mad about it for you.

The ignorance around how to prescribec vagifem is staggering. even if he was sticking to the current guidelines he hasnt even given you enough to do that over 3 months  idiot!!
It's an utter disgrace that we have to beg for our prescriptions like this. I had a similar experience on Monday. My doc acted as if I'm some sort of "hormone junkie"

Having to go into battle everytime we need to discuss or receive treatments which we are entitled to...its shamefull. Aaaaarghhh!!

Turkish delight

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2019, 02:22:22 PM »

Hi girls,

You are all right of course.

I need to think of a plan B, C, and possibly D, let's hope I don't have to go as far as the letter F bcz then by the letter F I might be Flipping mad  :boobs:

The ironic thing is that it wasn't my own GP who prescribed me the Vagifem to begin with 3 wks ago(by now you all know I never get to see my own GP). It was a new female Doc, who kinda just gave me it bcz I asked for some. She wasn't there today which I wouldn't know until showing up first. I went online and booked an apmnt to see her in 2 weeks so that will be my plan B, trying to schmooze a junior doctor... :) I hope my Vagina is taking note and appreciating how far I'll go to get her some attention.

MJ hi, I have never had a facebook account, something I just decided when it first became a thing, that it wasn't for me. If you want to copy paste my post to fbk that'll be cool with me, if it helps others or helps the cause I'm all about that.

PS Thank you MJ for being the poster child for our Vagina's, nothing but love for you for that  :tulips:

TD
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 02:38:00 PM by Turkish delight »

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2019, 02:36:14 PM »

Letter to your MP coming up then?  Especially now the local Councils are up in the air ;-)

Tc

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2019, 03:24:55 PM »

I just imagined a march on parliament each holding aloft  a giant inflatable vag!!!

Katejo

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2019, 04:54:00 PM »

I just imagined a march on parliament each holding aloft  a giant inflatable vag!!!

Ha ha! I really feel for you but it does seem to be easier to make appts at your surgery even if it isn't with your chosen doctor. I can rarely get an appt. online. most days none are offered. I did see one on the website this week but not until May 30th. I have just been to the surgery to try and get a urine test done to check for infection before i go on holiday next week but it is solidly booked all through next week.
A pack of 24 Vagifem won't last 3 months but I only get one for every 2 months in my repeat. I will try to request another one but don't know if I will get it or not (despite letters from the consultant).

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2019, 05:17:11 PM »

Usually I get two boxes of Ovestin when I order it.

Turkish delight

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2019, 06:15:33 PM »

Oh dear Katejo yours does sound pants!

I can't get a booked apmnt on the day I need it no way, just walk in, in the mornings which is pick & mix Docs and patients,
first come first served. You have to actually go in, no phone in and make an apmnt, then go home and come back bcz most times it's over a 2-hour wait. Today I waited and it was 2 hours.

I can generally get an online bookable apmnt with a new Doc that no ones ever heard of or a trainee Doc within say 5 days of being sick lol!

Thinking I'm going to have to see all the Doc's at my surgery one by one until I get what I need.

TD

Tc

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2019, 06:38:00 PM »

I usually have to wait 2 weeks. This time it's over 2 weeks. Otherwise its phone up 8.30 to check for cancellations, nothing in between!! And theres never any cancellations. They say to people with a cold and such "it's a 2 week wait. ,if you realy need to see someone today, go to A & E." Which I think is disgraceful , no wonder my local A &E is over stretched with people going there for a sore throat or other minor ailments. I've sat in there and seen it time and again.

I think when I go GPs week after  next  I will just book a further appointment anyway, the way I've been going lately I'm more likely to need it as not!°
X

Katejo

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2019, 07:15:15 PM »

Oh dear Katejo yours does sound pants!

I can't get a booked apmnt on the day I need it no way, just walk in, in the mornings which is pick & mix Docs and patients,
first come first served. You have to actually go in, no phone in and make an apmnt, then go home and come back bcz most times it's over a 2-hour wait. Today I waited and it was 2 hours.

I can generally get an online bookable apmnt with a new Doc that no ones ever heard of or a trainee Doc within say 5 days of being sick lol!

Thinking I'm going to have to see all the Doc's at my surgery one by one until I get what I need.

TD
In most cases I don't want same day. At my practice you can but only by  queueing outside well before the surgery opens. They then  send you home to return later in the day. No good if you work some distance away in Central London. You can ring but only between 8 and 9am when i am en route to work in the tube!
The on line appointment system has very few appointments. I tried earlier this week and it offered 1 apppointment at the end of May. Often it has none. For a few months it worked well and then fell apart.

In my ideal surgery, there would be a selection of appointments available during the next 10 days. I could look to see convenient times and see which doctor is on.
Pages: [1] 2