Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: POST BREAST CANCER SURGERY UPDATE  (Read 3371 times)

Tc

Re: POST BREAST CANCER SURGERY UPDATE
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2019, 07:15:54 PM »

Lovely to hear from you Cazjen. . Sending you much love and positive thought.  look after yourself and try to get plenty of rest during your treatment.
Xxxxxx

cazjen44

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2019, 01:50:19 PM »

Thanks for your kind wishes x

I had a post op appt with breast surgeon yesterday.  Surgery went well, all the cancer was removed and lymph nodes clear.  The tumour has been sent off to America for an Onco DX test to determine whether recurrence is likely and whether chemo would be beneficial as well as radiotherapy.  Apparently the tumour was 23mm in size and because of this plus the grade and my age (48) it met the criteria to be sent off to a research lab.  The results will be known in 2 weeks and I will see him again then.

He acknowledged my dependence on HRT and said not to be too hard on myself or blame myself for using HRT.  He said because of my surgical menopause at such a young age (31) it was a necessity I was on HRT for so long.  Other factors, not just HRT, can cause breast cancer.

I am to continue weaning off my HRT to allow the hormone receptors in my brain to adjust to the hormone levels.  Further discussion will be had once the test results are back from America and I see the oncologist.

I am still processing events and to be honest, I think I will for quite a few months yet.  The 'good news' I received yesterday still hasn't sunk in..bit bizarre, but probably because I've had weeks and weeks of bad news so was prepared for bad news yesterday.  As we say at work 'prepare for the worst and hope for the best'.  I work for the NHS within a palliative care team (right now not the best place to be) and am a medical secretary for a palliative care consultant and have done for 10 years.  I might not be clinically trained but boy oh boy, I do have alot of knowledge on all things cancer related.  This has been too closer call and has scared me  :'(

Thanks again for your support x

jaypo

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2019, 02:07:35 PM »

Will keep fingers crossed it's good new from the further tests.
I'm really so happy for you cazjen,sometimes getting good news can affect you as much as getting bad,it's the build up isn't it?
My mum had a mastectomy as her tumour was too big but she was all clear and although now passed she lived for another 30 years,it's just great what they can do now,let us know results when you can 🌹

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2019, 02:23:09 PM »

Thanx for letting us know Cazjen44.
Sending you best wishes, and a  :bighug:....

All the best...xxxx

Tc

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2019, 02:55:20 PM »

Great news the surgery was successful. Everything crossed for good news on the next results and hope you are keeping busy but getting plenty of rest too. Xxxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2019, 04:19:52 PM »

You shouldn't require chemo if lymph glands were clean.  ;-).  Not something I would have considered ...... your story is similar to my own.  Radiation to zap any stray cells was recommended as a pre-cautionary treatment.  Job done!

Tnx for the update.  It does take a while to process all the info. because the medics are doing it day in/out whereas this is about *you*.  I too was a medical secretary and loved it  ;) ..........

Why America?  :-\ ...........

Mum had mastectomy at 65 due to a lump found on mammogram; no treatment, still alive.  She's 92  :o  :-X  :D

Rest now.  Sit in the shade and listen to the birds etc..  There's no rush for radiation although I felt that I needed to be 'up and at it!' but the wound also needed to heal.   :bighug:

Kathleen

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2019, 07:08:47 PM »

Hello again cazjen.

Thank you for taking the time to update the forum.

I hope your recovery continues to go well.

Take care and sending hugs.

K.

NorthArm

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2019, 05:42:09 AM »

Good news that they got it all ❤️❤️❤️
Wishing you a speedy recovery ❤️❤️❤️

Lanzalover

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2019, 06:18:26 AM »

That's really good news
Hope things continue improving for you
Sending you get well wishes and do take care of yourself.

Lanzalover x

racjen

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2019, 07:25:00 AM »

You shouldn't require chemo if lymph glands were clean.  ;-).  Not something I would have considered ...... your story is similar to my own.  Radiation to zap any stray cells was recommended as a pre-cautionary treatment.  Job done!

Tnx for the update.  It does take a while to process all the info. because the medics are doing it day in/out whereas this is about *you*.  I too was a medical secretary and loved it  ;) ..........

Why America?  :-\ ...........

Mum had mastectomy at 65 due to a lump found on mammogram; no treatment, still alive.  She's 92  :o  :-X  :D

Rest now.  Sit in the shade and listen to the birds etc..  There's no rush for radiation although I felt that I needed to be 'up and at it!' but the wound also needed to heal.   :bighug:

Sorry CLKD but that's not true, each case is taken individually. I had chemo even though my lymph nodes were clear. Hopefully it won't be necessary for you cazjen, but wouldn't want you to be misled x

allie007

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2019, 08:46:16 AM »

Sending you big hugs xxxxx

JaneinPen

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2019, 12:42:19 PM »

Hi Cazjen. Hope you are still improving. Sending you a  :bighug:

Gracie65

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2019, 01:48:56 PM »

Hello Cazjen,