Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Night time aches  (Read 1518 times)

loulou1964

Night time aches
« on: May 01, 2019, 09:00:54 PM »

Hi,

This is my first time posting on the forum and I just wanted to ask whether other people have the same sort of night time aches that I'm getting.  I'm waking up a couple of times a night with aches in my legs and arms, and sometimes round my ribs and pelvis.  They aren't muscle aches or joint aches, but feel rather like they are in my bones.  They come in waves, and seem to last 10-15 minutes or so.  They started a few months ago, every now and then, but now they're every night.  I do often get a hot flush while I'm having them, but the aches come first and last longer.

Do other people experience anything similar, or have any suggestions as to what I can do to reduce them? Are there any herbal supplements that might work?  Paracetamol hasn't had any effect!

Thank you  :)

Tc

Re: Night time aches
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 09:04:25 PM »

loulou.  :welcomemm:
Just wanted to say hi. I'm sure you will get some helpful replies you've come to the right place.
Good to have you on board.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 11:22:51 PM »

Hi loulou. Have you had any blood tests lately? Low vitamin D can cause aches as can low iron. Night sweats can also sometimes indicate low grade infection which will show up on a blood test. I would get an appointment with your GP just to rule out any deficiencies.

You will find lots of support on here.

Taz X   :welcomemm:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 08:20:21 AM »

:welcomemm:

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 04:35:55 PM »

Hi LouLou.

Sounds like Peri or menopausal symptoms. Can you tell us more about age, periods etc ? X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2019, 04:55:03 PM »

I had restless legs at night which eased with bananas, several eaten daily.  I would suggest that you try an Epsom salts bath or pain relief B4 bed.

Ladybt28

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2019, 05:53:06 PM »

hello Loulou and welcome! I had really bad aches and pains as you describe throughout peri, so much so, I ended up getting diagnosed with fibromyalgia but when I got my hrt sorted out they went away.  It was a little more complicated than that but that is really the long and the short of it, it was hormonal.  Get some bloods done to rule out other stuff but by the way you put it in your post, I reckon hormonal!  They would wake me in the night and my ankles felt sore against the bed and as you say, its in the bones!  CKLD often posts about muscles getting lax through lack of oestrogen - aches and pains are common in peri- meno and menopause.

loulou1964

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2019, 08:07:05 PM »

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the welcomes and your messages and suggestions  :)

I'm 54 so have been peri for a good few years now, and not too bad so far, apart from hormonal migraines (and anxiety  ::) ). I think I was not far off passing the 12 month 'menopause milestone' but had a very short period in December, so I guess the clock has been reset.  The aches probably started around December, coincidentally.  I've had some blood tests, Taz, I think to rule out thyroid. 

It's reassuring to hear that you've had similar aches, Ladybt28.  I've read a lot about joint and muscle aches, but these do feel like they're in a different place, don't they!

Dierdre

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2019, 06:03:14 AM »

My ribs ache some nights on the left side but never during the day, just thought it's with laying on that side in bed too long.  Also years ago had cracked rib in car crash so put it down to old wounds.  Vitamin d has helped with aches but I dont get them in the summer with the sun and the damp weather dont help one bit. Aching legs is sometimes due to circulation.