Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Flaxseed soy  (Read 1219 times)

Kassery

Flaxseed soy
« on: May 01, 2019, 06:52:10 AM »

Just wondering how many of you take or use flaxseed or soy for your estrogen levels? If so how much and what do you take? X

Hurdity

Re: Flaxseed soy
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 07:18:22 AM »

I don't think these phyto-oestrogens will actually change oestrogen levels. However there is some evidence that some compounds may bind to oestrogen receptors but the evidence in not consistent as far as I can make out?  There is some information on this website here: https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/phytoestrogens.php. The only way to actually change oesrogen levels is through HRT.

Hurdity x

Sheanie

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 07:54:48 AM »

I've been taking flax seed (a tablespoon a day) and soy (in varying amounts) for a while as a general part of my diet to improve/maintain my over all health (seeds are bursting with nutrients), and they 'may' have helped with oestrogen production, but my oestrogen levels have only increased significantly with HRT. I wouldn't rely on flax seed or soy for oestrogen.

Kassery

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019, 01:42:10 PM »

I've been taking flax seed (a tablespoon a day) and soy (in varying amounts) for a while as a general part of my diet to improve/maintain my over all health (seeds are bursting with nutrients), and they 'may' have helped with oestrogen production, but my oestrogen levels have only increased significantly with HRT. I wouldn't rely on flax seed or soy for oestrogen.

OK thanks ladies can I ask how much soy you took too?