Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Meeting a world renowned expert on HRT- some of her thoughts.  (Read 8020 times)

Tc

Re: Meeting a world renowned expert on HRT- some of her thoughts.
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2019, 03:35:01 PM »

Michele "mad pussy disease"  :lol:
I actually found a patch stuck to my cat's fur. Mind you shes 18 so she could probably do with some extra eastrogen!!

Ladybt28

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2019, 03:36:55 PM »

;D ;D ;D - still can't do that quote thing???? Nor can I find a post how to do it...someone please

"Tc- I'm googling medical grade leeches as we speak - I fear the lobotomy has already happened and I was unaware of it at the time as I was scratching my rash and attempting to insert the Utrogestan without them falling on the floor. Maybe, that's what's happened...the cats had a lick of the discarded ones, ( I've forgotten to dispose of them ) and I've got mad pussy disease! 🙀"

Haven't laughed out loud like that for ages MicheleLaBelle.. ;D ;D

Sheanie

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2019, 03:44:28 PM »

Michelle, I think that according to the papers I cited in my last post the risk is greater if you take oestrogen and (synthetic) progestin combined but less if you take oestrogen and (body identical) progesterone combined than taking oestrogen only and that all forms of HRT present no more risk than not taking any HRT....if I've read those articles right. There's probably research that contradicts this though. I've read quite a lot on LN's site, but will take another look. I have an appt with her in August, so should be clued up by then enough to quiz her on the contents!  ;) I think I will have to print our everything I can find on this and read it carefully as jumping from one article to the next on the Internet/computer can get mind boggling.

Ladybt28

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2019, 03:44:37 PM »

"mad pussy disease" - that's the common name for VA isn't it?  :lol:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2019, 04:54:14 PM »

I HATE THE WORD EXPERT WITH A VENGENCE  :cuss:  there ain't no such thing.  Otherwise they wouldn't spout rubbish.   :-X

Go on someone, do tell ...........  :D.  Don't keep us in suspenders any longer  ;)

I wish that professionals would go by the book and not apparently put their personal opinions over, particularly if they have not been through menopause.  Many years ago I asked for The Pill and my GP wondered what I would do if he was a Catholic  :-\.  At 16 I never said boo to a goose [what ever that means] but told him quite firmly that his opinions should never influence what he prescribed.   "You are so like your Father".  "Yep, until you prove otherwise ......... " I walked out, with the prescription  ;)

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2019, 05:59:16 PM »

sheanie I thought the risk was greater when you added in progestins but a body identical progesterone carried a smaller risk than some of the others. Not sure what the evidence is either way.

Good luck with your appointment.

CLKD- I don't believe there's anything to be gained by naming names. I also don't believe you can rise to the top of your field without knowing your stuff and having strong opinions.
The lady in question was undoubtedly excellent, seemed a very nice warm person, she certainly had been through the menopause and was a great advocate of HRT.

:cat48:

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2019, 06:01:10 PM »

:cat88: :cat88: :cat88:
"mad pussy disease" - that's the common name for VA isn't it?  :lol:

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2019, 06:03:16 PM »

;D ;D ;D - still can't do that quote thing???? Nor can I find a post how to do it...someone please

"Tc- I'm googling medical grade leeches as we speak - I fear the lobotomy has already happened and I was unaware of it at the time as I was scratching my rash and attempting to insert the Utrogestan without them falling on the floor. Maybe, that's what's happened...the cats had a lick of the discarded ones, ( I've forgotten to dispose of them ) and I've got mad pussy disease! 🙀"

Haven't laughed out loud like that for ages MicheleLaBelle.. ;D ;D

Lady BT- hit the little quote button in the top right hand corner of the post you want to copy x

Wrensong

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2019, 06:26:16 PM »

Tc, great ranty post on page 1 with really sound points - love it.  Can I book you to come with me to my next medical appointment?

So sorry to hear about the scandalous GP consultation on your other thread - it tightened my throat & sent my pulse racing in recognition of some I've had over the years with medics of various specialties.  Most have been wonderful but there've been the odd few whose attitude made me wonder how they managed to keep their jobs.  I find it very upsetting indeed & it makes me wonder how many patients more vulnerable than me they have harmed. 

I hope you manage to get where you need to be with your medication & will soon start to feel much better.
Wx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2019, 06:35:58 PM »

Some do raise to the 'top' of their speciality and then get sacked due to being completely wrong about their 'findings' - fortunately, not many thus far. 

Do U have a follow-up consult booked and if so, shall I fire up the Meno-charabanc  ;)

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2019, 07:05:29 PM »

I do have a follow up booked CLKD- I'll be sure to let you know when it is .

StellaJane- it was one of her colleagues who suggested that I try it vaginally so they don't always agree x

Tc

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2019, 07:55:45 PM »

Thanks wrensong. As you saw my experience earlier today made this thread very timely for me.
It might sound weird but I'm  pleased that I felt angry. Lately ive been so  dejected and depressed I thought my natural  feistiness may have gone for good  It actually feels good.to rediscover a bit of  fight is still there.

Sorry to hear you've come up against some "shockers" yourself. Thank you for your good wishes.
Xxx

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2019, 09:16:48 PM »

Thanks wrensong. As you saw my experience earlier today made this thread very timely for me.
It might sound weird but I'm  pleased that I felt angry. Lately ive been so  dejected and depressed I thought my natural  feistiness may have gone for good  It actually feels good.to rediscover a bit of  fight is still there.

Sorry to hear you've come up against some "shockers" yourself. Thank you for your good wishes.
Xxx

Glad you found your feisty Tc.
I knew I wasn't completely lost, when I got annoyed at a selfish driver parking across my neighbour's drive today. And I'm back in the room !!! xx

Tc

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2019, 09:29:00 PM »

Pants ❤

Katejo

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2019, 03:46:26 AM »

When my gynae said "utrogestan is well tolerated, its unusual that you dont get on with it"  I said "not according to my menopause forum".  Well....youd think I just insulted her mother.!!
So called "experts" dont seem to like the idea of "people power" or in this case ",women power"  which we gain from being able to share experience and info.

And they do not like being challenged which is incredible when you think about it. It's a science. And science only progresses through ideas and research being challenged. It's at the very core of every single advance in medical history.

How do we know how many women have been sent away from their doctors for being "atypical" when it comes to HRT with no further investigation. It could be enough to warrant challenging the current guidelines, vagifem being a case in point, but we wont know as its not being reported and data is not being collected on it by each doc who has a patient reporting this. How can there then be an accurate  overall picture.

To me it would stand to reason that. If a treatment is clinically trialled but then is prescribed exponentially to huge numbers of people then the "adverse" reactions may be far more than is reflected in the original trial.. Too simple?

Surely part and parcel of going into the medical profession is to accept and even actively require received wisdom to be  constantly evolving . Otherwise we'd all be sitting here with leeches stuck all over us and being lobotomised with ice picks for PMS.
You realy got me started now  :)
The meno consultant recently praised this forum and website as an info source but, on a previous occasion, a GP stood up and shouted at me for insisting that it was fine to use Estriol cream for more than 3 months. She claimed to have just done a relevant course on menopause!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4