Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I feel a rant coming on!!! Subject: GP's & Vagifem....angry face!  (Read 2551 times)

Katejo

Re: I feel a rant coming on!!! Subject: GP's & Vagifem....angry face!
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2019, 07:20:29 PM »

I usually have to wait 2 weeks. This time it's over 2 weeks. Otherwise its phone up 8.30 to check for cancellations, nothing in between!! And theres never any cancellations. They say to people with a cold and such "it's a 2 week wait. ,if you realy need to see someone today, go to A & E." Which I think is disgraceful , no wonder my local A &E is over stretched with people going there for a sore throat or other minor ailments. I've sat in there and seen it time and again.

I think when I go GPs week after  next  I will just book a further appointment anyway, the way I've been going lately I'm more likely to need it as not!°
X
I would never go to the doctor with a cold or sore throat as they are caused by a virus and the doctor can't do anything. I'd only go if the condition dragged on for weeks in case of any underlying problem.
I once had a sleepless night and checked the GP app in the early hours of the morning. There were several appointments listed. I think I need to try that out.  ;D I do want to book a routine appt. for after my holiday.

Tc

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2019, 07:42:41 PM »

Yes Kate we dont always need emergency appt but 2 weeks or more is too long  . Most times you just want an appointment within a week.

As for A&E I despair.unfortunately I spent a lot of time there when my wife was terminally ill  and the things people go there with astound me. You cant help but overhear and lots  of them are not actually registered with a GP. They bring in babies and children and they dont have a gp!!!!
They use A&E like a doctors surgery.

Turkish delight

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2019, 08:09:10 PM »

My surgery has started having better access hours for the late worker, I have copy/pasted under here what the website says.

"Improved Access (open for pre-booked appointments only)

We offer a range of pre-bookable doctor, practice nurse, HCA and appointments during Improved Access hours. Improved Access hours held at the surgery are most weekdays from 6.30pm to 8.00pm and some Saturday mornings."

Never been told about it but was searching for something on the Doctors website and noticed it in small print hidden on a page somewhere. So maybe check your GP's webpage and see if they do it.

My surgery is starting to look good in comparison lol!

Something I've heard about but not tried yet re online pre-bookable apmnt is that they sometimes release some extra apmnts just after 12 or 1am in the morning, so if your up till then it's worth checking.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 08:11:06 PM by Turkish delight »

Tc

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2019, 08:10:48 PM »

Interesting TD. X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2019, 08:35:12 PM »

GPs should be referring those with colds etc. to a Pharmacist!

Katejo

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2019, 09:02:04 PM »

My surgery has started having better access hours for the late worker, I have copy/pasted under here what the website says.

"Improved Access (open for pre-booked appointments only)

We offer a range of pre-bookable doctor, practice nurse, HCA and appointments during Improved Access hours. Improved Access hours held at the surgery are most weekdays from 6.30pm to 8.00pm and some Saturday mornings."

Never been told about it but was searching for something on the Doctors website and noticed it in small print hidden on a page somewhere. So maybe check your GP's webpage and see if they do it.

My surgery is starting to look good in comparison lol!

Something I've heard about but not tried yet re online pre-bookable apmnt is that they sometimes release some extra apmnts just after 12 or 1am in the morning, so if your up till then it's worth checking.
Yes we do have access to Sat appointments but not at my practice. Did go up there once. Yes I am aware of appts being added in the early hours. Discovered it by accident once.

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2019, 07:11:08 AM »

Does your Practice not have a News Letter?  Ours has had earlier hours for people going to work for a few years.  Sometimes I get offered one  ;D but I don't see daylight until 10.30  ;). Have you tried ringing the afternoon B4 and suggesting that you will sit in the Waiting Room until seen 'tomorrow'?

JaneinPen

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2019, 07:54:17 AM »

Does your Practice not have a News Letter?  Ours has had earlier hours for people going to work for a few years.  Sometimes I get offered one  ;D but I don't see daylight until 10.30  ;). Have you tried ringing the afternoon B4 and suggesting that you will sit in the Waiting Room until seen 'tomorrow'?
. My friend could not get an appointment for a very bad hip and back she was told three weeks. She knew that in the call back system we have that you are often told to go in later the same day so the next day her husband took her to the surgery. She was told there were no appointments available and she should go home and phone the surgery. She said to them I am going to sit here until you get me in with someone and my husband will bring my lunch if necessary. She was seen an hour later and it turns out she needs an operation.  She actually got a lot of the waiting patients saying well done to her.

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2019, 09:03:47 AM »

I often did that when depressed, I felt safe in the Waiting Room and the GP always popped me in between patients.  A little word of support helped a lot.  Sometimes I was offered a cuppa but felt too ill to drink it  :-\.  The way I got round appts. was to ask for a house call, one day the receptionist told me "But I saw you walking the dog earlier so you can't be too bad".  So I wandered down, she took one look at me and I went straight in.  I felt numb.  Deeply unable to function. 

Sometimes showing a face can impact on that we actually need an appt. and we need it today.  I don't mind waiting but need to have that support. 
Pages: 1 [2]