Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: GP asked for medication review-worried she will take me off hrt  (Read 1928 times)

Dandelion

Hurdity

Re: GP asked for medication review-worried she will take me off hrt
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2019, 08:57:39 AM »

Hi Just to keep you posted, GP appoinment went ok, allowed to stay on hrt current regime.

So pleased to hear this Dandelion!

Thanks, she said she would keep me on the patches, but nowhere has the patches, so my sister got me some boxes from spain. I also have two bottles of gel, dunno whether to try the gel next time patch due, or whether to try the evopak patches which are the same as the evorel I am using.
I am inclined to start using the gel and keep getting that on repeat if it works, as it was prescribed, in the absence of patches, and use the spanish patches as a reserve, but I'm a bit nervous that the gel might not suit me for some reason.

If you are stable with patches I would continue with these. You might not be able to get the brand you currently use but as far as I know patches are still available although their availability is PATCHY  ;D.  eg I was changed from Estradot to Estraderm. I would have thought the change in delivery and therefore dose between one patch and another would be less than changing to gel - but at least you have it in reserve.

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 [2]