Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sinus problems  (Read 5443 times)

Countrygirl

Sinus problems
« on: April 28, 2019, 06:48:17 PM »

I've been suffering for more than 6 weeks now with my sinuses. It started with not being able to lean forward because of pain and dizziness, then it felt like someone punched me in the face, achy teeth along with a constantly runny nose and pain in the back of my neck and ears, and the rank taste has somewhat killed my appetite x

I'm taking painkillers regularly and nasal spray, but am feeling worse and its making my anxiety unbearable.
Today has been bad, I keep burning up and my face is red and hot too. I wondered if anyone had any hints or tips on how to deal with this as all that yucky mucus is now upsetting my tummy overnight and I don't want to see the dr if I can help it, thank you x

jaypo

Re: Sinus problems
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 07:35:45 PM »

Have you tried menthol crystals in boiling water,it's simple but effective.My sinuses have been a nightmare too for ages,I used to take mucron until they discontinued it 🤬 it was brilliant, I now settle for Sudafed

Dierdre

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 07:39:06 PM »

It sounds like yours are infected and probably need antibiotics.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 08:08:38 PM »

Certainly get to a GP or Pharmacist.  A work-mate and I had to take anti-biotics because we were cross infecting each other. 

Tc

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2019, 08:32:35 PM »

CG. I have suffered with sinus issues for many years.so I feel I can offer advice from my experience  I have always had it due to a mis placed septum which I refused surgery for. So...

There can be no infection but the sinuses seem to block with pain and hard to the touch in cheeks and bridge of nose. .pollen doesnt help the sinuses.. I found daily use of neilmed sinus wash helped a lot. Its not a spray. It's a salt solution which you mix and " wash" the nose with a special bottle or sometimes a little pot like a teapot. I use the bottle.
Sometimes when you lay down the sinuses "drain" into the throat which can make your throat sore and make you cough and the daily wash seems to help with this too as well as the pressure pain as do over the counter sinus pain tabs.

I use the decongestant type sprays if things are realy bad and it affects my breathing particularly overnight but they are not a long term solution especially If there is an infection present  none of the things I have mentioned above will help if there is infection.

And sometimes there is infection. I've had many and you need anti  biotics for it. I have found if infection is present  the nasal "discharge" goes a dark yellow or green colour, sometimes with spots of blood and my face goes hot and very sore to touch although there is a feeling you want to press on the area, a bit like toothache.  It is usually accompanied by a  horrible taste in mouth and smell to the breath.

That is how I distinguish if it's just my sinuses "playing up"  or an infection.  Infection will usually  not get better over a couple of weeks.

I sympathise as it is very painful and can make you feel sick and very I'll if there is infection.

If you have never had sinusitis before then see the doc. If it's not an infection then I can send you the details of the product I have used to keep the sinuses flushed but if you need antibiotics then I have found they work pretty quickly.

Hope this helps. Sorry if I've rambled on but it's one rare thing i actually know something about from experience.and  hope it helps. 
Xxx

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2019, 08:46:18 PM »

It certainly explains it really well Tc.  I don't often recall pain but sinus pain is memorable, as it period pains. 

Tc

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2019, 08:53:07 PM »

Yes.  The only pains I have cried with. CLKD. Apart from tooth pain which is so similar and post hepatic nerve pain. All in the face. The nerves in the face are so delicate and interlinked. And nerve pain is a real bugger to treat, scuse the French!!

BlueButterfly

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2019, 02:45:20 AM »

Hey CG,

It sounds like a possible sinus infection you might need antibiotics for, sadly. But if you are trying to avoid the doctor, here's what I've done in the past:

Apple cider vinegar a few times a day. Like a tablespoon in a glass of water. It really does help.

Garlic... however you like to take it. Eat it, supplements, etc. I now take a supplement every day because I had frequent sinus infections. One of my husband's co-workers suggested it. I now rarely have an infection vs a few times a year.

A neti pot is quite helpful as well! Use distilled water or boiled water that has cooled - no tap water.

Breathing in steam somehow...a face over a bowl of hot water with essential oils or menthol.

Good luck

Countrygirl

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2019, 09:29:41 AM »

Thank you so much for all your advice I will put some of the ideas into practice (ordered neti pot) to see if it will stop me getting into the mess I'm in now.

I woke up really early today and didn't make a lot of sense and felt awful, so rang out of hours and they think I may have an infection going on somewhere, so I have a drs appointment later. I'm hoping they will sort me out x

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2019, 11:56:37 AM »

? let us know  :-\ ?

Countrygirl - is the pain continual?  or sudden, sharp, in one particular area?

Shadyglade

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2019, 12:31:12 PM »

Sometimes it can be a rouge tooth. 

I had sinus trouble for 15  years, but only on one side.  I had a tooth root canal filled in the 1990s but when that failed, many years later, my dentist took it out and I had bridge work done.  Amazingly my sinus pain went almost immediately. 

My dentist said that a tooth can cause sinus pain and sinus trouble can cause tooth pain.  So, it might be worth seeing your dentist and asking for a xray, to see if you have some sort on chronic root infection you are not aware of. 

Countrygirl

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2019, 06:36:10 AM »

Tc I've got a neilmed bottle set for sinus washing as I noticed the discharge is watery and clear so I'm guessing it's probably not an infection but an allergy/viral and my tummy is now being affected by it so will try the sinus washing out thing and hopefully it will let things settle down without resorting to antibiotics as the pain comes and goes. The bottle came with sachets of the salt solution. It's got to be worth a try as antibiotics will only flare my stomach further x

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2019, 07:22:50 AM »

Is the pain sudden, sharp, intermittent? 

Countrygirl

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2019, 07:55:19 AM »

Morning CLKD it's more of a building pressure centred around my nose and my teeth hurt, it gets worse then eases off, but if I lean forward it feels like someone is pulling on my face x

Tc

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2019, 08:20:40 AM »

CG. Make sure you use boiled water which has cooled.  use it lukewarm. When you are doing it make a "ca ca" sound in your throat. It helps stop it going into your throat, which isnt harmful. Just doesnt taste very nice.
Mine are bad at moment. I havent used the wash for months as it felt o.k. but hayfever season sets mine off.
It can make my teeth hurt. It's not like a particular tooth hurts. They all hurt and feel sensitive. I tend to feel as though my ears are blocked and wont pop.as well.
The neilmed rinse is safe to use for as long as you want. Even children can use it  hope it helps. Xxx
Pages: [1] 2