Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Can I halve my progesterone patch?  (Read 587 times)

Nut job

Can I halve my progesterone patch?
« on: April 28, 2019, 08:15:24 AM »

I have been on evorel sequi for 8 weeks & i'm really struggling with the 2 weeks progesterone patch .
Shall I persevere for the 3 month mark & see if my symptoms ease ?
The oestrogen patch is fantastic , I feel great on those but for the last 2 weeks I just feel dreadful while on the progesterone patches .
I have a continuous headache & body feels like it's hanging onto every drop of water going !
I'm sure I've read somewhere that it's ok to half the patch ?
Thankyou !

Hurdity

Re: Can I halve my progesterone patch?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 08:44:42 AM »

Not OK to halve the combi patch only as this could give you insufficient progestogen to protect the endometrium (unless medically advised and monitored). What you have read is mostly women who halve the conti patch when taking Evorel conti on a continuous combined basis - this is off-licence but has been OK'ed by Dr. Heather Currie.

If you are not getting on with the Evorel sequi then perhaps think aboiut a different regime eg patch and separate progestogen eg Provera tablet or Utrogestan (progesterone) which can be taken orally or vaginally off-licence.

Try to perservere for the 3 months though if you can to see if your body acclimatises to the new regime? Also your own hormones may be contributing too if you are still peri.

Hurdity x

Nut job

Re: Can I halve my progesterone patch?
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 08:47:43 AM »

Ahh ok , that makes sense .
Thanks for the easy explanation , I'm still learning & very overwhelmed 😊