Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: When to start evorel sequi?  (Read 689 times)

AH10

When to start evorel sequi?
« on: April 28, 2019, 05:44:08 PM »

Hi, I'm changing from evorel conti (having irregular bleeding) to evorel sequi. Due to start tomorrow however leaflet says to stop taking current hrt if it's causing bleeding for one week before starting the sequi. Not sure I can cope a week off hrt!! Does anyone have similar experience ie affect of not leaving a week in between and/or affect of stopping for a week?

Thanks

Hurdity

Re: When to start evorel sequi?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 07:28:22 PM »

Hi there - My view is that if you are swapping from conti to sequi rather than the other way round you can just swap at any time. Because you will be withdrawing the progestogen (from the combi/conti patch) then this should induce a withdrawal bleed while you are on the oestrogen only part of your new pack, over the next two weeks. If you are still peri-menopausal ( and this is the cause of the irregular bleeding) then you might be out of sync with your natural cycle for a while and might need to readjust - but you won't know this for a few cycles anyway. If in doubt speak to your doc (if knowledgeable!).

Hurdity x

AH10

Re: When to start evorel sequi?
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 07:51:00 PM »

Thanks that's helpful. I'm post menopausal and I'm changing patches in an effort to regulate bleeding which should not  occur with the conti.