Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Tiredness coming off tibolone  (Read 1190 times)

Aeia

Tiredness coming off tibolone
« on: April 27, 2019, 04:16:36 PM »

I stopped taking Tibolone about 2 weeks ago and the last few days I've been feeling shattered. A real heavy tiredness and unable to concentrate on work. I came off due to bad bloating and wind. I've tried patches before as well and they made my breasts very sore. I have one ovary left after a hysterectomy but my GP did an FSH test and it was high so prescribed HRT as I kept feeling tired and achey. I'm hoping this is just a blip and my body might get used to no HRT. I'm 48 so likely in the peri menopause anyway.

Just wondering what others experience was of coming off Tibolone or any HRT. I'm thinking of going to see my GP again soon as think I should at least get some vaginal oestrogen as I Can feel a bit of a rectal prolapse and my bladder was damaged during the surgery. 😞

suzysunday

Re: Tiredness coming off tibolone
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 07:25:06 PM »

Hi. I was on tibolone for 18 months but had to come off it abruptly last August for post meno bleeding.  While on tibolone it made me feel very lethargic,  tired and achy.  I'm 60, so older than you,  but I felt quite shattered coming off so quick and hot flushes returned with a vengeance. The bleeding stopped as soon as I stopped the tibolone.   I have been on local oestrogen since for VA.   I am just about managing on local hrt anow am reluctant  to try systemic again after the  bleeding.

Aeia

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 07:57:10 PM »

Luckily I won't get any bleeding as no uterus now. I'm hoping the fatigue is just a blip. I used to get really fatigued just before my period was due and this is similar to that. I'm going to ask my GP for local oestrogen as although I've not got any pain down there I can feel the wall is thin between my vagina and rectum so want to make sure it doesn't get any worse and end up with a full prolapse! I've never got on that well with hormones. I was on the pill for years and it wasn't until I came off it I realised the nausea I'd often felt must have been down to that as it went away. I then had the gynafix IUD which has no hormones for years and that was good. Then when I got heavy periods due to fibroids I switched to the progesterone IUD which again was OK as it was low dose. This stopped working for the bleeding though and opted for a hysterectomy.

suzysunday

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 09:14:46 PM »

Poor you. You've really had a tough time. I hope you are ok. It never seems to end this menopause stuff!

Aeia

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2019, 10:02:25 PM »

Just an update. I'm not feeling quite as tired now. Managed to quickly speak to my GP when I took my mum in to see the nurse (he's good like that!) and he was happy to prescribe Vagifem so giving that a go instead of HRT.

suzysunday

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2019, 12:35:55 PM »

Yes, that's like me.  I'm on Ovestin, local hrt like vagifem. Taken a while to feel ok regarding bladder pressure but kind of getting there slowly!