Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Utrogestan questions please  (Read 3447 times)

Tc

Re: Utrogestan questions please
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2019, 09:04:17 PM »

Thanks hurdity. The voice of reason. It does seem to have been the topic of the day doesnt it?
I've got myself into a right 2 and 8 about it today. But then I am withdrawing from it. My mood is all over the place.xx 

Gmail_tara

Re: Utrogestan questions please
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2019, 12:16:41 PM »

I know this issue is coming up all over the place today but the benefits are stability of dosing. Some women prefer to keep exactly the same dose of oestrogen and progesterone. There will always be some element of progesterone withdrawal if you have a 3 day break so those who are happy taking progesterone may actually be able to avoid this. The thing is it is highly individual - all these studies come up with general principles that a significant proportion of the study group will haveshown. This is not to say that you will, so if you have a good gynae then some tinkering can be really beneficial. What you don't want is a medic to be too rigid. If you are being monitored than this is fine - but going against the prescribing guidelines (eg shorter prog dosing regimes or longer cycles etc) is best done only under medical supervision. I think you can safely assume that the continuous prog regime is either 25 days out of 28 as licensed or as often prescribed in practice - daily - and one of these may give better control of your symptoms or endometrium.

Hurdity x

I agree. I'm sticking with the advised 25 days, and see how I am in a couple of months.
I'm not under a gynaecologist, just my family doctor, so if my hair is still coming out in handfuls daily just with light touch, then I'll need a referral.

Thanks Hurdity.
Pages: 1 [2]