Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Bladder pressure and vagifem  (Read 5387 times)

Tc

Re: Bladder pressure and vagifem
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2019, 08:22:02 PM »

For what it's worth  wine isn absolute killer for me too. And fruit juice and tomatoes. We are all different but there seems to be some common triggers

Kassery

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2019, 09:46:21 PM »

I think I will give it a go.. At the moment I think I can smell wee not sure as weeing so much lol
I'm really hoping it don't stay long it's driving me mad  :na:

Dierdre

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2019, 10:43:34 PM »

Hi Kassery, the sooner you start the vagifem the better, it's not a quick fix but you will week by week start to improve. I've been taking vagifem for 4 years now and havent had any bladder issues since taking it, I also had a prolapse from lack of oestrogen which causes the heavy pressure feeling. Once the vagifem starts to work it strengthens the bladder wall and reduces the pressure and need to pee all the time.  You'll find lots of support along the way on here, we're all in the same boat.

Kassery

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2019, 09:08:39 AM »

Hi thanks for your support very heavy pressure today fingers crossed.. Slight dull ache in tum not sure if anxiety as I'm terrible worrier x

Dierdre

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2019, 09:43:09 AM »

Anxiety will cause all sorts of physical feelings and can be very debilitating. You may also get a few cramps and side effects the first few weeks of taking vagifem, dont worry this is normal and does settle. It's just your body adjusting to the much needed oestrogen. Just ask if you have any worries, someone will usually have had the same worry and can help.

Tc

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2019, 10:27:55 AM »

Deirdre may I ask. You said you had a prolapse. Is it now "fixed".how long did it take to appear after eastrogen deficiency  Did you do anything to help it? I am starting womens physio therapy  for my bladder issues. I'm pretty sure I've got a prolapse although it's only been 8 months since my oopherectomy and I'm on HRT but my eastrogen levels are low  . Shes going to examine me next visit. But she said although it's there sometimes you can feel a prolapse and other times not.
 Did you have physio?
She told me not to lift anything heavy and not to strain on the toilet. Both are a bit hard to avoid at times and it's got me paranoid now. I asked my gynae and she said "if you get a prolapse we will fix it with surgery"  she said it so blase. I dont relish the thought of more surgery

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2019, 10:29:35 AM »

One should either squat low to open the bowels properly: apparently : or stand upright over the toilet.  Gravity assists.  Apparently.

Take some pain relief?

Kassery

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2019, 10:50:52 AM »

Anxiety will cause all sorts of physical feelings and can be very debilitating. You may also get a few cramps and side effects the first few weeks of taking vagifem, dont worry this is normal and does settle. It's just your body adjusting to the much needed oestrogen. Just ask if you have any worries, someone will usually have had the same worry and can help.

I've been getting the aches since yesterday yeah anxiety just a dull ache it makes me worry more x

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2019, 11:33:39 AM »

There's a lot of nerves down there!  What are your plans for today?

Dierdre

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2019, 01:30:08 PM »

Tc, yes I had a prolapse caused through the lack of oestrogen, it first started with the sore dry burning of atrophy then within a few weeks everything just dropped and was grade 2 bladder and rectom prolapse.  My gynae upped my vagifem to 5 a week and also Ovestin for the entrance around the outside every night. I then started physio, group meeting to start and then 1 to 1 with the therapist. I'll be honest I never though it would work and thought I would have to have surgery which terrified me. After a few months though I started to notice some days nothing was protruding (was like a golf ball popping out) and if I was constipated or lifted anything heavy it would pop out again. I learned that lying  on my back and pushing it back in started to work and at one point my gynae  tried a rubber pessary ring but that was uncomfortable and I couldn't  pee so i pulled it out. I also found doing yoga helped with strengthening my pelvic muscles. Losing weight would have helped also but I do struggle with doing that. I used to swim alot before the atrophy but the chlorine irritates so had to stop. The prolapse  took about a year to completely go back but it did finally work, just a long haul to get there, but then it took years for the oestrogen to deplete so it stands to reason it will take time to be replaced.
I also had a slight prolapse years ago after breast feeding my 3 children in a space of 4 years, that was also oestrogen deficiency and everything went back to normal about 6 months after finishing breast feeding, so I know it's all linked.

Aeia

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2019, 08:04:54 PM »

Really interesting. I've had a hysterectomy and can feel I have a slight bowel prolapse. It's not poking out but I can feel the wall is thin. I also have a weakness between my vagina and bladder as I had a fistula after the surgery which healed after 3 months with a catheter. I was on tibolone but just come off it due to it giving me really bad wind! Had the same on patches plus very sore breasts! I'm going to see if I can get the vagifem to at least keep down there a bit stronger without the systemic affects of the hormones!

Dierdre

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2019, 09:41:21 PM »

I tried patches last year thinking it would improve my atrophy but still had to continue with the local oestrogen as well. I didn't feel any additional benefit from the patches and had a lot of side effects so  as I didn't have any other menopause symptoms other than atrophy I decided just to use the vagifem and ovestin.

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2019, 09:18:08 AM »

Aeia - were you encouraged to do 'physio' for that region?  How long since your surgery?   :welcomemm:

Tc

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2019, 01:23:43 PM »

Thanks for the reply dierdre.
Hi CLKD, waves!!
Aeia. Good idea to get vagifem. Clkd mentions the physio.and it seems to have been beneficial to deidre  I was pleased to read that. I am starting physio "proper" next week. The first week was a class and the last appt was spent asking me about symptoms. The womens physio told me it takes time. She said it can take up to a year and that is in line with deidres experience.
It's good to know that it can be improved so thanks so much for that dierdre.

Interestingly my physio told me all women are referred for physio in my borough now before surgery is even considered for prolapse as it can negate the need for surgical intervention. So it would seem very worthwhile trying it.
Xx

Kassery

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2019, 07:38:11 PM »

Can I ask anyone if you are unlucky enough to get the side effects when would they start?
Pages: 1 [2] 3