Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Numb legs and heavy bleed!  (Read 2911 times)

Suepoo

Numb legs and heavy bleed!
« on: April 24, 2019, 09:20:54 PM »

Hi everyone, I'm new! Never posted on a forum before!

6 years ago my periods stopped, I'm now 52.  I got so fed up with feeling grotty and having menopausal symtoms I forced myself to go to docs and 4 weeks ago started taking Evorel Conti patches.  Three days ago wallop, the worst period ever, so painful I cried lots. But weirdly my legs and hips felt numb and really painful.  Anyone else had these symptoms?

I didn't want to quit so quickly as I was really hoping HRT would perform miracles but surely I shouldn't be like this should I?

Went back to docs, he's took me off HRT for now, ordered a scan thingy and said to come back to sort out a more suitable HRT. 

Here's hoping the pain and period stops.

Thanks for reading

suepoo

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Numb legs and heavy bleed!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 04:41:54 PM »

Hi! Some ladies find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of benefit to chart progress.  Browse round.  Make notes.  Maybe decide which symptoms you would like to ease first?

There is a search box so type the name of the product in and see what pops up. 

There are a lot of nerve endings in the pelvic area so you probably had radiation of womb pain.  I remember that my legs would feel weird until the bleeding settled as well as aching ...........  a scan of your womb will give an idea as to the density of any lining left.

Katejo

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 05:46:16 PM »

Hi everyone, I'm new! Never posted on a forum before!

6 years ago my periods stopped, I'm now 52.  I got so fed up with feeling grotty and having menopausal symtoms I forced myself to go to docs and 4 weeks ago started taking Evorel Conti patches.  Three days ago wallop, the worst period ever, so painful I cried lots. But weirdly my legs and hips felt numb and really painful.  Anyone else had these symptoms?

I didn't want to quit so quickly as I was really hoping HRT would perform miracles but surely I shouldn't be like this should I?

Went back to docs, he's took me off HRT for now, ordered a scan thingy and said to come back to sort out a more suitable HRT. 

Here's hoping the pain and period stops.

Thanks for reading

suepoo
  I am 56 and 5 years post periods. I started Evorel Conti 2 weeks ago. No bleeding yet but was told that it was normal to have some. Did you have heavy periods when you were younger? Just a thought.

Suepoo

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 09:17:51 PM »

Hi Katejo

I also heard you can get spotting or light period but this was more - the pain was like contractions when giving birth!  Even after just three weeks on evorel I began to feel better in myself so I really hope they work out for you. After my scan I can look for something else. All the best xx

Suepoo

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2019, 09:25:04 PM »

Hi CLKD, thank you for your reply. I will do that.  It's good to know someone else has experienced this as it is frightening. Scan next week should give me some answers. I'll look up about womb densities! Thanks

Katejo

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2019, 09:32:06 PM »

Hi Katejo

I also heard you can get spotting or light period but this was more - the pain was like contractions when giving birth!  Even after just three weeks on evorel I began to feel better in myself so I really hope they work out for you. After my scan I can look for something else. All the best xx
in which ways were you feeling better? I haven't really noticed any difference yet except possibly to do with VA. I have been taking/using Vagifem for several months now so the benefits may just be from that. However i am sleeping through the night and only using the Vagifem on alternate days. The main benefit which I am hoping for is a reduction in aching/tight  muscles and joints. I don't have a problem with hot flushes/night sweats. I am also trying it to prevent osteoporosis but I won't know whether that has worked until I get scanned again.  Good luck for your scan results xx

Suepoo

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2019, 10:08:28 PM »

Omg! I get terrible cramping in legs, neck arms, stomach, and I must say, they didn't feel as tight as before - I suppose I felt more relaxed and for the first time in six years I was normal temperature, not hot!  Perhaps after just 3/4 weeks it was too early to say but I felt like I might actually get some sort of normal life back! Wish I could still have it. Perhaps it's just a bit of trial and error until one HRT suits me. I really think there's hope for you on this for your muscles, fingers crossed for you xx

Katejo

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2019, 10:21:55 PM »

Omg! I get terrible cramping in legs, neck arms, stomach, and I must say, they didn't feel as tight as before - I suppose I felt more relaxed and for the first time in six years I was normal temperature, not hot!  Perhaps after just 3/4 weeks it was too early to say but I felt like I might actually get some sort of normal life back! Wish I could still have it. Perhaps it's just a bit of trial and error until one HRT suits me. I really think there's hope for you on this for your muscles, fingers crossed for you xx
Yes I get cramping as well, particularly in my calves. Fingers crossed

Suepoo

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2019, 01:05:43 PM »

Hi everyone,
Just a quick update as I had my scans today, good news as everything seems within normal ranges, so perhaps the HRT just triggered the bad bleeding and painful legs (which I still have). Going back to docs when I can get an appointment. However, the upper stomach ultrasound showed I have gallstones - great, just what I need. Don't want an operation. Never dreamt she was going to say gallstones.  I Mentioned I had bloating, indigestion etc. Went home shocked.
Just put our 13 year old choc Labrador put to sleep on Monday so feeling very weepy and depressed. Hey ho.
All the best x