Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan trouble  (Read 1306 times)

foldie

Utrogestan trouble
« on: April 24, 2019, 07:05:23 PM »

Dear ladies,

I am hoping someone can help.

I recently changed from Provera to Utrogestan (100 mg vaginally) and after 6 days I have a bleed?!?!? Aye, 6 days.

Furthermore, I have felt unbelievably strange whilst using this type of progesterone - a very unpleasant combination of exhaustion, insomnia and paranoia. Blinking awful.

Firstly, is a premature bleed normal and I continue using it for a further 6 days ? Secondly, will it get easier because I can't cope with neurotic, exhaustive insomnia.

I'm so disappointed because I thought I'd found the ideal HRT.

Thank you very much!

NorthArm

Re: Utrogestan trouble
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 09:30:22 PM »

Hi foldie

As you've just changed the type of progestin you've been on (from synthetic to natural), a bit of upset in the form of bleeding and other symptoms are bound to occur. Utrogestan works in our bodies in exactly the same way our own progesterone did whilst we were fertile. Why did you decide to change to Utrogestan?

Did your gp advise you to use it vaginally? Perhaps you might be better off taking it orally at bedtime? The bleeding on Utrogestan can be a bit problematic for some ladies. But as you've only been on it for six days, it might be a good idea to give it the full three months to see if things settle over that time.

Of course see your gp if you have any concerns. Good luck with it all xx