Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: On your bike  (Read 3171 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: On your bike
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2019, 06:35:06 PM »

Well done!  'Photos.?

If you are having symptoms up the medication?  If it's Vagifem some ladies need nightly, sometimes two doses at once. 

Is it a flat area of Spain that you live? although a head wind can be as difficult on a cycle  :D

Katejo

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2019, 04:12:32 PM »

Hi ladies

Just got back from the bike shop where I had the handlebars raised to the highest point they would go and got a saddle with the valley, much wider and shorter and more padding.

I pushed my bike all the way there and rode some of the way back - still too sore to do it all.

The difference was immediately noticeable. Once I've healed, I'm sure it will be much easier.

The saddle wasn't expensive - I've seen some really pricey ones online but it felt good when I was on it - mainly because of the width and valley I think because you don't have all the pressure underneath. The man actually recommended it so definitely worth changing.

Thanks for all your advice everyone. It means I can still get out and about to places further than those on foot.
I have a small bike shop walking distance from my house so I popped in to ask and see how helpful they might be. I didn't have the bike with me today because I was on my way home from food shopping but I asked about saddles and the height of handlebars too. The guy was pretty helpful so I will go back with the bike. I could see some possibly wider/shorter saddles on the wall. He had 1 display for men and another for women.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2019, 04:18:18 PM »

If you don't ask you don't get.  Let us know how you get on.

I know a Company was taking 3D scans of skull formations: we had ours done in Sept., my pictures came through, DH's never did  ::) so that helmets can be made to fit the contours as well as building in individual protection across the bumps.  Can't remember the name of the Company though  :-\ but technology is improving.

Otter15

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2019, 04:52:25 PM »

Yes CLKD, where I am is really flat and lots of tracks through fruit groves so being on the bike is safe and really scenic. I walk to strengthen my bones and cycle for fitness and get further.

I changed from ovestin to colpotrofin recommended by the gynaecologist in Spain because the ovestin used to burn but so does this one. I find it burns more if I use it too often so it's a bit of a vicious circle. I use it three every days with yes in between but it isn't enough. I'm thinking of going back to ovestin. The one I found the best was estriol - the one where you have to use more - but I couldn't find it here.
Pages: 1 [2]