Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: New member  (Read 1594 times)

JC06

« on: April 17, 2019, 04:08:03 PM »

Hi...found this forum & feeling reassured by what I've read but nowhere near as educated as others seem to be. I'm 49 & have had irregular heavy periods for couple of years. Last year this prompted a trip to Dr & he suggested I was presenting as perimenopausal - out of control mood swings, anger, tears, constant spiralling anxiety, brain switch off. After researching HRT as much as my fuddled brain would allow I started Femseven Sequi patches. Felt bit better, went back for review appointment & different Dr said she wouldn't have recommended HRT as I was still having periods. Ignored her & continued. Had further follow up & saw another Dr who referred me to gynae clinic as she said GPs aren't experts. Went off HRT for a month until I saw consultant who was happy for me to go back on Femseven....relief, can't wait! Now I can't get hold of it for love not money & GP has said only alternative is tablet form Elleste Duet!!  Pharmacist has said this isn't true....is it a cost issue with GP? Have read some of the reviews of Elleste tabs & scaring me. Is Everol patch as good as Femseven & as hard to get hold of? Sorry I've prattled on but this is what I'm like atm..

sheila99

Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 04:28:01 PM »

Welcome. No experience of femseven but everel is the one my docs prescribe first, seems to be fine for many ladies. It's really a case of try it and see as what suits one person doesn't suit the next. Perhaps go armed with info showing patches are safer than pills then change gp if still won't prescribe it.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 04:32:08 PM »

These GP surgeries are a) ignorant of what ladies might require and b) money oriented.  Can't they see that if a product suits then it saves time and money in the long run  >:(

:welcomemm:  you'll find lots of info by using the search box.  Why did you see 3 different Drs  :-\ .........

You prattle away, there's usually someone here to listen  ;)

JC06

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 04:35:12 PM »

Yep thanks for that...feel bad that I'm going to be wasting a strip of the tablets (they were also in short supply so could only get 1 month) but don't want to start it as I'm going on holiday & don't want to risk being worse before I'm better scenario & ruin everyone's trip! Spoke to about a dozen pharmacists yesterday who all said Femseven unavailable & 1 ranted about distributors stockpiling & availability getting worse for lots of meds. Will go back to Dr with my gameface & argument written down so I don't forget.  Not much fun to be around so hope I get new patches soon...my husband even went patch searching today so that says it all

JC06

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 04:38:44 PM »

...saw 3 doctors because it just depends who is free at review time. Thought it might work to my advantage by getting a majority vote but that backfired & left me more confused. At least now I'm sure HRT is the way to go. Waiting for biopsy result but consultant said fire ahead with patches...if I can get them

AnnieR66

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 04:46:37 PM »

Hi, I have used femseven sequi then changed to evorel 50 and separate utrogestan.
They seem to work the same and stick much better!
I have had no problem getting hold of them.
They have not worked miracles but I feel better than I did before hrt.x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 04:51:25 PM »

Is the Pharmacy attached/tied in with the GP Surgery that you use, i.e. Lloyds?

JC06

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2019, 04:56:48 PM »

No I tried lots of them locally for Femseven with no joy...not sure why Dr didn't prescribe another patch form as I specifically requested another patch when I realised Femseven wasn't available

JC06

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2019, 05:00:28 PM »

AnnieR66 so Everol isn't just a patch on its own? Sorry I'm trying to get to grips with how it all works..

AnnieR66

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2019, 09:59:39 PM »

Hi, you can have evorel sequi which are two types off patches in the same box : evorel 50(estradiol) and evorel conti (estradiol /norethisterone)
the second lot of patches gives you a withdrawal bleed.
You can also get evorel patch on it's own in 25,50,75 and 100 but you would need a separate progesterone.
Sorry it all is a bit confusing isn't it?! I hope this makes sense.
This is just my experience and what I have tried!

JC06

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2019, 02:40:40 PM »

Thanks for that. All seems so complicated. Am going to have to write it all down as it really is more informative than GPs.