Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: What’s going on?  (Read 769 times)

Spangles

What’s going on?
« on: April 16, 2019, 05:56:14 AM »

Hi Ladies,
Last month on doctors advice I halved my HRT dose, my old dose was evorel 50 and utrogestan 200/12, my new dose is evorel 25 and utrogestan 100/12. All month I've felt great, I've not had a bleed, however the Pmt has kicked in along with anxiety, (period should have been a week ago). I've had a scan which tells me my lining is thin.
All confuse, any ideas what's going on?
Thanks
Spangles

Dancinggirl

Re: What’s going on?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 08:47:51 AM »

Less oestrogen often means menopause symptoms return. I've been off HRT for nearly 3years now (I'm 63) and I feel as though I have PMT all the time(poor hubby), terrible sleep and I still get hot flushes etc. - I'm dreading the summer. 

If you were feeling good and don't have any health concerns, then there was no need to reduce you dose. DG x

Spangles

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 11:15:38 AM »

Hi DG,
The pain during period was so debilitating that I couldn't walk or go to work, that was the main reason to drop the dose and see what happens.
xXx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 12:16:02 PM »

Has the pain been better on the lower dose?  One of the reasons I stopped HRt was because I got nasty stomach cramps.  I found the cramps got worse over the years being on HRT  and it was as though my uterus just didn't want to 'play ball' any more. I do miss the oestrogen.  My best HRT combo was the Mirena with Oestrogel.  DG x

Spangles

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 01:08:08 PM »

Hi Ladies,
I was supposed to get a period last Wednesday, I still haven't had any bleeding. However I still got some pmt.
xXx