Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Sandrena 2mg  (Read 4840 times)

Macjac

Sandrena 2mg
« on: April 15, 2019, 05:15:59 AM »

Hi

Question on increasing dose of sandrena

I am taking Utrogestan 100 days 15-27 and 1.5 mg if sandrena.

All been absolutely great, no side effects and been on it for about 8 months. Symptoms all disappeared like magic 😁

However in the last couple of weeks my hot flushes at night are creeping back in and the last couple of nights have woken up sweating and boiling.

Unsure if it will settle again or is it likely I now need to increase my sandrena dose?
Is 2mg ok or is this a high dose.?

I am seeing a private consultant and only saw her a monthh ago and all was fine so not due to go back for another 5 months.

Unsure how to proceed.

Thanks

Macjac

Hurdity

Re: Sandrena 2mg
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 01:04:02 PM »

Hi Macjac

If you were using oestrogel you would be able to go up to 4 pumps which delivers 3 mg estradiol. This would be a high dose on average if you were absorbing it at an average level. 1.5 mg of estradiol from Oestrogel/Oestrodose from two pumps is medium dose. If you feel you need a higher dose then sounds like this might help if your flushes and sweats have increased? Are you able to e-mail your consultant to say you would like to increase and intend to? Are you able to get an increased amount from your GP?

If you are peri-menopausal though your own oestrogen levels will fluctuate so the increase in flushes etc could be temporary so maybe hang on for a couple of weeks or so. Also some women get a temporary resurgence of symptoms during the progesterone phase and apply an increased amount of gel during this phase to compensate - what phase are you on at the moment?

Hurdity x

Roadrunner

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 04:10:37 PM »

Hello Macjac

I'm on 2mg Sandrena plus 200mg utrogestan 12 days per calendar month.

Also under a private gynae.

I started on 1mg, really not enough, reviewed and increased to 1.5mg, which was better. Over a 4 month period I gradually increased to 1.75mg then settled on 2mg. My Gynae was happy to go with symptoms as a measure of how much to take, and I was still getting frequent night sweats and some almost flushes even on 1.75mg. I still get the odd night sweat now but very infrequent maybe one or two a month, and I'm not drenched.

Not sure how helpful that is - I guess it depends how confident you are to play with the dose a bit? And maybe also how you left things with your gynae?

I would just say if you do increase, do it slowly, and give your body time to settle in to the dose. You may be ok on 1.75mg

RR xx

Macjac

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 06:40:37 AM »

Thank you ladies for your replies.

Super helpful as always.

Such a great forum for providing information and helping one feel more confident about what to do next.

Macjac