Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: OEstrodose vivid dreams  (Read 2392 times)

Hashi-Monster

OEstrodose vivid dreams
« on: April 16, 2019, 04:41:09 AM »

My background is that I have been symptomatic for 5 years and i'm now 47.  I tried HRT patches 18 months ago but this revealed an underlying thyroid problem which I've spent the last 12 months stabilising with thyroid medication.

However, I'm returning to work next month after 3 years off due to my health issues.  So under GP supervision have started low dose oestrodose just 1 pump to see if it can bring me some more vitality, this will be combined with utrogestan 100 which i'm yet to start.

So far so good except i'm having really vivid dreams which wake me up on and off from about 2.30am until I finally give up around 4.30am.  Is this side effect something that will balance out as i'm concerned about the sleep disruption?

I'm taking the oestrodose at bedtime so it is well away from my thyroid medication and because it induces sleep.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 05:46:15 AM by Hashi-Monster »

Tinkerbell

Re: OEstrodose vivid dreams
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 07:55:55 AM »

I haven't had vivid dreams with it, I did get awful vivid dreams with the utrogestan though.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 08:39:47 AM »

Hi Hashi-Monster

Vivid dreams seem to be all part of menopause and HRT can reduce them a bit. The brain works overtime when dreaming and I expect you are anxious about going back to work and this could well cause the dreams.  What progesterone are you using to protect you womb lining? The oestrogen gel won't induce sleep but as your body welcomes and adjusts to the oestrogen ( this can take some weeks) you may well find you get better quality sleep.

HRT won't fix everything and it can take time to find the right dose and type of HRT but as long as you get more benefits than side effects then you are doing well.  Many expect too much from HRT - it is rarely perfect.

Keep us posted about your progress.  DG x

Hashi-Monster

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 09:57:34 AM »

Yes I suspect I do have some anxiety about returning to work.  But I was obviously hoping the HRT would help with the menopausal anxiety.

I will be taking utrogestan 100 for days 15-28.  I understand from Tinkerbell this can also increase vivid dreams  :-\

Fingers crossed it will all stabilise, i know from my experience with thyroid hormones that you have to be patient and let your body get used to any changes.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 01:54:19 PM »

We are all different though, you may be fine, but the dreams were really vivid, lots of bright colours and kept waking me up, also it seem to irritate  my bladder and I had to get up several times for a wee, something I hadn't had an issue with before,  also left me so hot, that I had to keep moving to find a cold spot in the bed.
After 8 days I abandoned it as didn't feel safe driving to work and the school run.

Hashi-Monster

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 04:51:21 AM »

So it is definitely the oestrodose causing the nightmares, I woke myself up screaming at 1.30 and then had another restless night.

So I'm thinking about either splitting the dose into 1/2 pump measures (not sure how accurate this will be)

or

I'm thinking about moving it to a morning dose but when I did my research before it said to take the estrogen at the same time as progesterone and there is no way that i'm going to take utrogestan during the day as I suspect I will fall asleep.

Any advise welcome