Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Four Years of Morning Sickness! UPDATE  (Read 1618 times)

DebsH

Four Years of Morning Sickness! UPDATE
« on: April 13, 2019, 11:13:19 AM »

After being on HRT tablets and suffering with morning sickness for 4 years, my doctor prescribed me Femseven Sequi patches. Due to the availability problem with these I only got one months supply. I got on ok with them - the nausea was still there but not quite as bad. One thing I did have a problem with was I got a really bad red rash on the patch site with the progesterone patch. As I expected, my pharmacy couldn't  get hold of any more Femseven so as was given Evorel Sequi. The first two weeks seemed ok but when I went on the second set of patches the nausea has come back a lot worse! I really had hoped that by going down the patches route my nausea problem would have been helped but no. I'm so fed up with this now and am thinking of stopping taking HRT but I did this last year and suffered really badly with hot flushes. I'm going back to my GP this week to see what they say. I'd just like to be able to wake up in the morning and feel ok!  :'(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Four Years of Morning Sickness! UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 11:55:04 AM »

How is the nausea without HRT?

DebsH

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 12:16:33 PM »

I came off the HRT last year to see where I was in the scheme of things without it and the nausea was much better. That just confirmed to me it was the HRT causing it. Problem was the hot flushes came back with a vengeance and I couldn't sleep. I'm not feeling good overall at the moment- nausea is the main problem but I also feel jittery and on edge, IBS type symptoms and dry eyes. Not much fun!

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 02:56:43 PM »

Nausea isn't fun  :'( - HORMONES  >:(.  I also get nausea when I've been to the loo  :-\ it can make me feel really really ill.

There are some anti-depressants that can ease flushes so it might be worth discussing with a Pharmacist or GP to see which might be helpful.

Ladybt28

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2019, 03:07:06 PM »

I had terrible nausea on some of the HRT's I tried DebsH and there were a few, 5 types I think? Couldn't use Everol sequi or otherwise but now it has gone and been gone 8 months.  I use oestrogel and utrogestan and it is the only thing that got rid of all the symtms, but everyone is different and it took years to get here!.  If you are feeling rubbish without the hrt maybe just keep trying until you have gone through all the types there are?  There will be one that will help, I'm sure, its just seems its like looking for a needle in a haystack for some of us!  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2019, 03:11:02 PM »

Reminds me: the first contraceptive Pill made me sick and I don't do sick  :-X.  I had a strange feeling under my rib cage, felt sick and then was.  Mum thought I was pregnant  :o ....... I told her it was nerves  :-\. The GP changed me to something else.

I think 4 years as far too LONG to suffer!! 

DebsH

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2019, 09:38:20 AM »

I saw my GP yesterday and I am now back on Elleste Duet 1mg. I am now 51 and been on HRT for nearly 9 years due to early menopause so the plan is to take the tablets for 1 month and then to slowly wean myself off of them. Has anyone done this and how did it go? Luckily I had some tablets in my  cupboard as these are now hard to get as well as the Femseven patches! GP blamed Brexit!

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2019, 10:53:27 AM »

Why do you need to wean off  :-\. Did GP explain what he actually meant  :(

Katejo

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2019, 11:33:57 AM »

Why do you need to wean off  :-\. Did GP explain what he actually meant  :(
I wondered this as well.

DebsH

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2019, 07:47:03 AM »

Reason for coming off HRT is mainly due to the fact of having the nausea for 4 years. I had an early menopause at 42. For the first 5 years I felt absolutely fine but then had nausea everyday for the last 4 years. Tried patches instead of tablets but no change. I'm now nearly 52 and have had enough of the nausea so will see how it goes coming off HRT and will deal with any symptoms if they happen.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2019, 07:57:19 AM »

:thankyou: ........ 4 years is a long while to suffer!   :'(

Good Luck!