Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vaginal utrogestan  (Read 4701 times)

Jasmine_2015

Re: Vaginal utrogestan
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2019, 05:15:33 PM »

Just thought I'd update. Well I didn't have a transvaginal scan in the end because they wouldn't do it so I had an ultrasound and lining was thin- 1.8mm so no concern there. It did mean though I didn't really get to check out what they thought of my lady parts!! I did mention my concern but it was a young man doing it who although was very nice just said he would speak to the gynaecologist about my concerns.

I also had my oestrogen level tested this week and I feel incredibly disheartened because on 4 pumps of gel my levels are only 131. I also wonder if because my my oestrogen is too low, maybe the progesterone vaginally everyday is too much for me and that's what's exacerbating my low mood, fatigue and pelvic discomfort/bloating. I was wondering about trying one every other day but not sure if that's sensible? I read on something by Dr Louise Newson  was an off license dose.

I feel incredibly low in mood and anxious about how I'm ever going to get my levels up (which I'm trying to do for my bones as I have severe osteoporosis).

Oh well, more questions for Mr Panay. I'll update once I've seen him at the end of May. I hope you are all okay

Hurdity

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2019, 06:54:28 PM »

Hi there Jasmine - do you have the units of measurement of the oestrogen - was it pmol/l - the most usual units in UK, or pg/ml - sometimes private consultants use this instead? If the former then that is low if accurate, if you need levels to be higher due to osteoporosis. If you're not absorbing from the gel then Estradot patches might give you a different result. I presume your skin is cleaned of oil and any body moisturising products including shower cream etc where you apply the gel?

At least your womb lining is thin which does suggest either that the prog is doing its job and/or confirming that your oestrogen is quite low despite using 4 pumps?

I do hope you have some answers when you eventually get to see Nick Panay at the clinic and try not to worry in the meantime.

:bighug:

Hurdity x

Jasmine_2015

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2019, 06:58:36 PM »

Thanks so much Hurdity.
Yes it was pmo unfortunately!

I was also thinking about that estradot patch so will see what Mr Panay says. My list of things to mention is getting rather long!!

Just out of interest, do you think I'm the mean time before I see him I could try Utrogestan every other day?
Jas x

Hurdity

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2019, 09:07:12 AM »

Hi Jasmine - it's up to you what you decide to try without doc approval. However if you have an appointment in late May you can't do yourself any harm by trialling a different regime (alternate day utrogestan - vaginally?) for 6 weeks. The worst that could happen in that time would be breakthrough bleeding. Could be good to see how you feel on it and then see if this can be approved if necessary under the supervision of the meno clinic with regular scans etc? let us know what you decide and how you feel.

Hurdity x

Jasmine_2015

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2019, 09:39:39 AM »

Thanks Hurdity, my thoughts exactly and I didn't take it last night so here goes! x
Pages: 1 [2]