Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: estrogen levels test  (Read 1088 times)

pepperminty

estrogen levels test
« on: April 11, 2019, 05:28:58 PM »

Hi Ladies,

I have had a blood test for estrogen,  can anyone tell me whether this is average please. I am 52 and on HRT Femosten 1/10 with half  top up tablet of Zumenon every other day.

My estrogen reading is 295 pmol/L - hormone phase luteal on the 9th April.

My last bleed was 23/03/2019 until 28/3/2019 which was into the estrogen only part of the packet, happened a bit later that month.

Many thanks

Peppermintyx

Hurdity

Re: estrogen levels test
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 07:25:15 AM »

Hi pepperminty - I'm not sure why you have had your levels tested? it's not really necessary and in any case the menstrual cycle phases do not apply once you are taking HRT as you don't know when they are occurring or when ovulation takes place if at all that month.. How do you feel on HRT? If you are feeling well then all good! That is a healthy average oestrogen level although around ovulaton you would expect it to be much higher - but as I say you can't really tell on cyclical HRT as you don't know what your natural cycle is doing. Some women with reproductive depression need very high systemic oestrogen levels but these are special cases  - most of us don't.

Hurdity x

pepperminty

Re: estrogen levels test
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 05:07:12 PM »

Hi Hurdity,
 Thanks for the reply.
to be honest I don't know how I am feeling. My bloods are fine, but I ache all over and have little muscle strength, infact very poor I cannot exercise as my muscles run out of steam too quickly. So I wanted to see whether  I had a low estrogen reading. I am glad it is average. I tried upping it by a tiny amount and had awful mental side effects, teary, couldn't cope and heavy painful bleeds. So I have to stay where I am dosage wise. I would be worse without it. I am having my testosterone done next week. I seem to have wrinkled up like a prune overnight. Anyway at least dropping the estrogen back to my original dose has made me feel less emotional. But still not my usual self.

Peppermintyx