Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: ADVICE- Early Menopause  (Read 3050 times)

Tired

Re: ADVICE- Early Menopause
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2019, 09:40:24 AM »

Hello Hurdity I am 34,I will look at thyroid results when home as don't have Dr log in details on me!! Thank you all for your advice... X

Tired

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2019, 12:58:56 PM »

Re thyroid - what were your actual results? Do look at these because NHS is very poor at treating thyroid conditions - fatigue and dry skin are typical ( as would be weight gain and feeling cold). Many women experience symptoms even with results within normal untreatable range.

How old are you now?

Hurdity x

Serum TSH level
Serum TSH level 1.04 mu/L [0.35 - 4.94]

Hurdity

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2019, 07:42:43 PM »

RIght that looks pretty good - wish mine was that low! Did they do T4 or T3 as well (they don't normally do the latter)? I'm really no expert and our thyroid experts don't seem to have been on here recently - not sure if you can still have a thyroid condition with low TSH as you have?

Sorry yes you did say how old - gosh my daughter is almost this age - I'm not surprised you want to get it sorted asap as you are so young.

Another alternative is the Mirena coil which will give you contraception and most progestogen going straight to the uterus and you'll be able to go onto as high an oestrogen dose as you need to feel normal. In your position I think I would want to know whether my FSH level was raised as you are so very young. You need two blood tests 4-6 weeks apart - not sure how long after stopping the pill though and yes oestrogen suppresses FSH.

Hang in there - if you do get a diagnosis then hopefully you can get a referral to a menopause clinic and get proper treatment and regular monitoring eg of bone density etc.

Is there any medical reason why your iron, Vit B12 and folic acid  were all low as you should be able to achieve normal levels of these in your diet unless you have other conditions eg digestive or problems with absorption or taking certain meds?

Let us know how things progress and we are here to support and help you when you need it. There is also the Daisy Network for early menopause - some of the info is on the website but for a membership fee you can get more support.

Take care :)

Hurdity x

Tired

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2019, 08:10:51 PM »

They never really looked into why I was low, did check I wasn't caeolic (spelt wrong!!) I wasn't. Then just got levels up and went on prophylactic dose..
Thank you so much. I'll let you know blood results after 26th!!! That was the only thyroid test done...
Looking at pathology request next blood is for Bone profile, CRP, ESR,  FBC, FSH, LH, Oestradiol, TSH, Urea Creat Electrolytes....
Pages: 1 [2]