Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Help please  (Read 816 times)

Wannabewell

Help please
« on: April 13, 2019, 01:01:22 PM »

Could someone advise please.

I'm 50.

I am on Levothyroxine and Ranolazine (heart medication). 

I've been peri menopausal for around 7 years. Recently, I'd say since November last year, I've been having increased joint pain. Hips, knees and neck...shoulders are really bad. Left one more painful but also both feel unstable, like ligaments too loose to hold joint. My muscles have reduced. Skin thinner.  Periods missing some months.

I'm not overweight. I do gentle exercise, especially stretches..but can't at the moment with pain in shoulders. I don't smoke.

I'm thinking of asking to try HRT.  I want as few side effects as possible, im thinking a gel or patch. Any ideas?

I'd really appreciate any input at all. You're experiences.

Thanks.

Hurdity

Re: Help please
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 07:47:19 PM »

Hi Wannabewell

There is a lot of information on the main website about HRT - do look at the treatments tab on the menu and read up on it!

Sounds like you are in early peri-menopause with missing just a few periods here and there. Are you experiencing any flushes or sweats and do you take other medication as some types can mask menopause symptoms so flushes and sweats are not experienced in the same way?

If you feel you would like to try HRT at this stage due to your symptoms then some women find a low dose tablet like Femoston 1/10 is pretty well tolerated. Alternatively if you don't want to take pills then there is a patch called Evorel sequi which is changed twice a week. There are also other preparations which you can read about but these are the two types of pill and patch often recommended to start with.

Hurdity x