News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Update  (Read 1423 times)

SuzieD

Update
« on: April 10, 2019, 06:17:15 PM »

Hi ladies

It's been a while since I've been on, so I thought it was time for an update. I've been taken off my HRT, mainly because the nurse at the clinic thought the meds were causing my heavy periods (been like that the past 14 years and getting worse). I honestly think I've been mis-diagnosed being perimenopausal, as the only symptoms I had was missing two periods and my hormone levels had dropped. I'm still ovulating and having seriously heavy periods sometimes twice a month as well as spotting.. I've been up for an mri scan to find out why I'm getting abdominal pain, came back clear. Ibuprofen, co-codamol, paracetamol don't touch the pain, so having to go cold turkey as I have to drive to my place of work, other pain meds make me off my face because they're so strong. Waiting to go back and see gynae, as at my most recent visit to my GP, I've requested a partial hysterectomy (keep ovaries and cervix). Cant cope anymore. Feel like I'm not being taken seriously by my Dr surgery, or by any health professional I've seen.

Taz2

Re: Update
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 10:08:07 PM »

Hi Suzie. Sorry you are going through all of this. I see you have had an MRI scan but have you been given a vaginal ultrasound and womb scan which is the normal thing to investigate heavy periods and pain? Have you considered a Mirena coil which is often really effective at controlling bleeding and is less drastic than a hysterectomy?

Taz X  :hug:

BlueButterfly

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 03:16:59 AM »

I went back and read through a lot of your old posts as well.....

Have you ever been checked for endometriosis? It can cause very heavy periods, pain between periods...etc.

SuzieD

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 08:01:45 PM »

I've had internal/external ultrasounds done as well as the camera, all clear bar the area of thickening which gynae aren't concerned about . I've had two meria coils in, bled right through them. I'm not suitable for the pill because of my age and I have high blood pressure. I've asked about endometriosis, but was told I don't have it.