Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Vagifem...whats the word on the street/here?  (Read 34622 times)

Turkish delight

Re: Vagifem...whats the word on the street/here?
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2019, 08:28:18 AM »

Thank you Hurdity, you are our fountain of knowledge.

It is absurd, and a minefield if your a newb like me and Docs don't have the foggiest either...I'm rolling my eyes now...

Couldn't get an apmnt with GP this morning...meh! It's a walk in clinic and was chock-a-block.
Will try my luck later in the week though, they can't hold me back now, I'm on a VA roll.

Tc Yep listened to MJ's podcast, great stuff, she's doing it for the girls.

SJ What was the right dose for you out of interest?

TD

« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 08:31:08 AM by Turkish delight »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2019, 11:14:48 AM »

Practice Nurse then? 

Turkish delight

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2019, 10:12:14 AM »

Hi chicks (Easter is on the way yay!)

Just back from seeing yet another previously unknown female Doc at my surgery.

Got me some Vagifem & "yes VM" whoop whoop!

Had to have a speculum up there which isn't ideal is it....ever! Especially when you present with dryness as an issue :/

All things considered, it was a fair enough trade-off, and I'm impressed that she cared enough to check for other stuff like ulcers or thrush or whatever else she thought she might see up there.

I did take a urine sample in to prove that I wasn't crying wolf, but that my wolf was is crying...ouch...help me pleeease...

Needing to dash to the loo more and more each day so fingers and legs definitely crossed it'll work for me.

Doc gave me the yes pre-filled syringes, should I get the tube next time?

TD

JaneinPen

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2019, 12:28:07 PM »

Well done and good luck. Keep posting

roseandthorn

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2019, 03:17:55 PM »

Vagifem has made such a difference to me.....After umpteen antibiotic prescriptions for uti (never grew any bacteria from specimens sent off for testing) and two cystoscopies and two years of daily urinary pain and discomfort. I now do fine with 2x 10 mcg twice a week but this might be because I've been on other HRT for a long time. It was annoying when they discontinued the 25 mcg dosage but my GP just changed the dosage to 20 twice a week and I didn't notice the difference. They seem quite laid back at my practice about increasing the dose as needed if there was a flare up. Best of luck.

Hurdity

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2019, 06:47:08 PM »

Yes that was what my doc did roseandthorn - in fact wrote to me telling me that the 25 mcg had been discontinued and just doubled up my prescription - now seem to get unlimited Vagifem to compensate - it always seems to let me re-order whenever I go onlline!

Good news Turkish Delight - hope it does the trick for you. Have never used moisturisers - Yes and the like so can't comment there.  If you can save on plastic waste and still do it comfortably then I would go for the tube and washable applicator....

Hurdity x

Turkish delight

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2019, 09:34:21 AM »

Thanks Herdwick, roseandthorn, and Hurdity.

I thought same re plastic waste, I'm all for saving a plastic tree as they say so will get the tube next time.

I was quite shocked when the Doc just handed me the script with "yes" actually on it I didn't want to risk it by complaining that it wasn't the tube.

Hurdity I don't know how you have got by without any moisturisers/lube, well done to your vagina. I've been needing lube for the past 3 years during sex only though.

So do I put the Vagifem in the same place as the Utro? Far up as poss? I haven't picked them up from chemist yet so just getting ahead with info. I guess I will start with 1x10mcg for 2 weeks, not 2x10mcg for loading dose? Doc didn't say. Or say much in general actually, she was almost mute all the way through lol!

TD

JaneinPen

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2019, 10:17:40 AM »

You will definitely need to do the two week load. As to how high up some ladies put it in as far as possible others low down. I have switched to low down as I find this is better for me. I am sure some other ladies will be along soon with advice

Katejo

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2019, 10:53:47 AM »

You will definitely need to do the two week load. As to how high up some ladies put it in as far as possible others low down. I have switched to low down as I find this is better for me. I am sure some other ladies will be along soon with advice
I have experimented with inserting as far as possible and with having it lower down. Inconclusive so far as to one being better than the other.

Katejo

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2019, 10:54:56 AM »

If you've got time to trawl through the threads on Vagifem I'm sure at some point someone posted or linked an article that advised placing the tablet about two thirds in rather than high up. I usually do that now. Too close to the cervix seemed to cause a tiny bit of spotting but that may just be me!
I haven't had any spotting so far.

roseandthorn

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2019, 11:32:39 AM »

I don't really monitor how far up I place the tablet. But what I do remember is that it took time for the pain and symptoms to subside.... it wasn't instantaneous, but eventually seems to have produced a lasting benefit.

FOF

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2019, 01:34:34 PM »

Hello ladies Ive been on ovestin for 3 months now ,2 week load then every other day (did try to drop it to 2 days ) how lon g would you say before you really noticed a difference xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2019, 03:56:48 PM »

From the 'yes' product website:

All YES natural personal lubricants, vaginal moisturisers and intimate washes are certified organic, guaranteed pure & natural. They are all free from parabens, hormones, glycerine and known skin irritants.

Whether you use a little or a lot, for pleasure or for health, discover the full YES Collection of natural and organic intimate products, in a range of sizes and variants to meet your differing needs.

Please note that our tubes do not come with reusable applicators.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 08:00:32 PM by CLKD »

suzysunday

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2019, 07:54:10 PM »

Hello. FOF. I have been on Ovestin for 6 months.  I had cystitis last Sept after coming off hrt for pmb. Then had uti symptoms after that.  I did the 2 week load then alternate nights . After 2 months and struggling my gp suggested a month using nightly then back to alternate. Did this and just about getting there after 6 months but still have flare ups and scared to have sex. I am not ready for a longer gap between using.  On the other nights I use Boots moisturiser gel.  It's a difficult condition to get on top of.

FOF

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2019, 08:37:50 PM »

Thank you suzysunday that gives me hope that ive got to keep going im just so sore still ,cant walk very far ,or sit for very long  burning ect  the only thing that has improved is less frequency in going the loo .
My GP did mention systemic hrt also but i feel that being post menopausal 3 years ive got over the worst of my hot flushes ,migraines ,joint pain mood swings ( didnt click this was all menopause ) so really wanted the viginal estrogen to sort my VA out as ive been reading loads on here and Hrt isnt easy to get right xx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12