Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: HRT advice please  (Read 1663 times)

suzysunday

HRT advice please
« on: April 15, 2019, 06:52:06 PM »

What hrt may be prescribed for someone like me 61 years old with VA.  Does continuous hrt mean taking progesterone all the time so there is no bleed.  Is hrt that gives a bleed prescribed for post menopausal women?  If so, isn't pmb a bad sign.  Don't know much about it all. I just use local hrt now and used tibolone in the past which is just a tablet a day.

Dotty

Re: HRT advice please
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 06:54:32 PM »

Hi if you are post menopause then you can take continuous hrt which doesn't cause a bleed , although you might have some bleeding as your body gets used to the hormones. X

suzysunday

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 07:33:33 PM »

That's what I worry about,woud that be normal in first 6 months then of concern after. 

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 07:43:57 PM »

Yes that's right. X

Katejo

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 07:44:33 PM »

What hrt may be prescribed for someone like me 61 years old with VA.  Does continuous hrt mean taking progesterone all the time so there is no bleed.  Is hrt that gives a bleed prescribed for post menopausal women?  If so, isn't pmb a bad sign.  Don't know much about it all. I just use local hrt now and used tibolone in the past which is just a tablet a day.
According to the sources which I have read, there are increased risks if you start  systemic HRT post 60 (or more than 10 years after meno). Perhaps it doesn't apply if you have previously tried HRT (as I know you have)?

suzysunday

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 07:48:21 PM »

Yes I have read that too. The tibolone I started when I was 59 so that's not so good really.

Katejo

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 09:17:08 PM »

Yes I have read that too. The tibolone I started when I was 59 so that's not so good really.
The age advice is why I took action to try HRT now while i still had a little time. I am only just 56. Hopefully the benefits will still outweigh any risks for you.

Karen max

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2019, 09:44:57 PM »

Hi
I'm post menopause 5 yrs 51 yrs old I found all the hrt pills I was given caused bleeding but the patches didn't so maybe worth your while going for the patch if doc gives you it

Kaz

suzysunday

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2019, 09:56:12 PM »

Yes patches or gel seem to have slightly less risk.  Some on here seem to find continuous progesterone causes problems like feeling sick.

Dotty

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2019, 06:02:38 AM »

I don't have any side effects on the continuous progesterone . Try to think of the positives, not the negatives. X

suzysunday

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2019, 10:07:58 AM »

Thanks everyone.  Really it's the post meno bleeding I'm most worried about after having it with tibolone.  The hysteroscopy and everything was too much for me.  Just don't know what to do, got VA and using Ovestin and just about managing but having a
 lot of bladder pressure flare ups