Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Constantly needing to wee!  (Read 2035 times)

Nas

Constantly needing to wee!
« on: April 17, 2019, 07:41:31 PM »

The title says it all.
What is this about? All I do is go to the toilet. My bits are sore and slightly stinging. Doc prescribed vaginfem today and I have ordered some YES VM moisturizer. Could I have a urine infection? I'm going to ask for a sample to be tested. My whole body feels dried out, inside and out. Do I need to be using anything else other than the vagifem and moisturizer?

One set of symptoms subside and a new set appears!  :beat:

Nas

Re: Constantly needing to wee!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 11:27:20 AM »

Thanks Birdy.
I have dropped off a sample to be dipped.
Any idea how long it takes for vagifem to work?

Nas

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 12:09:33 PM »

Yes, every day for 2 weeks, then twice weekly.
Will have to wait and see I guess. Have replens and bought YES VM.

Fed up is an understatement. :bang:

Tinkerbell

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 12:38:47 PM »

I never found the dose of twice a week Vagifem enough, so after you have done your two week load do be aware you may need to use it more often.

Katejo

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 05:48:58 PM »

Yes, every day for 2 weeks, then twice weekly.
Will have to wait and see I guess. Have replens and bought YES VM.

Fed up is an understatement. :bang:
I found that twice weekly simply wasn't enough. Since the 2 weeks stint (last september), I have been using it up to 4/6 times a week, sometimes daily. I got an immediate improvement (reduction in irritation/cystitis/UTI symptoms) but it has taken several months to reduce frequent trips to the loo during the night. Yesterday I went to the theatre in London. Usually i find that i need the loo before the start, during the interval and at the end before going home. For the first time i was able to relax over a glass of wine during the interval and also didn't need to go before the journey home.

Nas

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 06:13:22 PM »

Katejo, do you mean that you have been using the vagifem 4-6 times weekly/daily? So many say the same; that twice weekly isnt enough. Why is this the recommended dose then? As if we don't have enough to deal with during this godforsaken time  >:(

Tinkerbell

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2019, 10:38:13 PM »

They changed the dose a few years back, it was 25mcg it is now 10mcg, one GP at my practice said she was happy to prescribe 5X Vagifem a week because many of her patients couldn't manage on just twice a week.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2019, 10:39:11 PM »

I need to use it every day.

Katejo

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2019, 09:41:20 AM »

Katejo, do you mean that you have been using the vagifem 4-6 times weekly/daily? So many say the same; that twice weekly isnt enough. Why is this the recommended dose then? As if we don't have enough to deal with during this godforsaken time  >:(
Yes that's right  but have reduced it slightly now. Trying to use it alternate days (or about 4 times a week) but, if symptoms flare up, I have once or twice used one before bed and another the following morning.  I am sleeping better now that I don't have to get up to go to the loo during the night as often. Occasionally i have to get up once but not more. Most nights I am sleeping through.
I started Vagifem to prevent UTI's but didn't know that I would get the benefit of less frequent loo visits.
Initially I had a supply problem re. getting prescriptions and that may not be 100%  resolved. I need to request a new prescription very soon.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2019, 12:04:10 PM »

Sooner rather than later!   Use it nightly until symptoms ease with alternate nights.  It's Trial and Error  >:(