Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: patch or oestrogel??  (Read 2497 times)

bev lloyd

patch or oestrogel??
« on: April 04, 2019, 06:46:53 PM »

Help!
I was on Everol 100, which I cut to be 85ish with ultrogestan. Acne and really poor sleep, also sex drive not great, despite testosterone gel.
I changed to Oestrogel, 3 pumps in morning and a dab at night-great sleep,skin and sex drive better, BUT...Stone dry eyes!! Also joint pain/arthritis flare in knees, bigtime! How can there be such a difference when they contain the same ingredient???? I am at wits end!! Oh, and bf said he prefered oestrogel re vagina lol, so I am keen to keep that up..I have had 7 kids if you get my meaning!!!

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: patch or oestrogel??
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 09:33:54 PM »

Just to hello Bev Lloyd, and  :welcomemm:

Someone will answer Soon, im sure.
Hang on in there...

Jd xx

Tc

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 01:39:42 PM »

Hi and welcome Bev.
I have read that systemic HRT doesnt always help dry eyes. You may need drops. Probably good idea to get it diagnosed.
Xx

bev lloyd

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 02:08:58 PM »

Well, I have tried every drop, and been to eye hospital, the hormone levels are the key to the issue. The trouble is finding right level!! Seems depressingly hopeless. I stuck a patch on this morning, and bit better today. I don't know if my oestrogen levels are too high or too low..Doc was soo unhelpful last time. Said they don't test oestrogen levels, "go with how you feel" Errr I feel rubbish is I lower it, and rubbish if I raise it!! High/low symptoms are the same!

Holsy

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 04:23:53 PM »

Hi Bev

I'm a newbie too, sorry to hear how you're feeling, I'm the same at the moment too. I am on the patches, but wondering whether to try the gel. Are you alternating between the 2, or have you chosen to go back to the patches?

Hope you feel better soon....

Hopeful1

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 06:04:03 AM »

Hi Bev

I've been on estrogel for 2 months and now have dry eye in the morning (Eyelid stuck to eyeball). I need to find out if it's linked although I'm clueless to how more estrogen could cause dryness.

bev lloyd

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2019, 06:20:59 AM »

Ah, I'm back on Everol patch 100. I think that as I am naturally very thin, my oestrogen just disappears! I am sticking patches on bum as opposed to thighs, and I feel better. Eyes less dry also. I also use testosterone gel every few days and I found some oestrogen vaginal cream in bathroom, so I'm using that as well!!!
I am a total health freak, I really HATE taking all this just to feel ok. The 200 ultrogestan is making be feel awful, but eekkk!!! when I put up vagina it irritated my urethra terribly, maybe it fell down, lol.
Today, I am really tired and fed up with this chemical factory I am pouring all over myself on a daily basis!

Perinowpost

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2019, 06:42:52 AM »

Because lloyd sorry you're struggling. I find if you can remind yourself that they're not chemicals/or drugs as such, but body identical hormones you are replacing (which is different) it helps. You are merely putting back what your body isn't making any more - hope this helps x

bev lloyd

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2019, 06:48:12 AM »

Thanks everyone.
today I feel fine! The 100 patch, although high, seems to be what I need. No more gel. I have added some vaginal oestrogen as well, that was knocking around, and ..OMG the difference to sex life!! Easy orgasms!!!   Is this ok though?? my doc gave me 2 yrs ago, and not sure if really safe to use with Everol..

Joaniepat

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2019, 07:37:54 AM »

Thanks everyone.
today I feel fine! The 100 patch, although high, seems to be what I need. No more gel. I have added some vaginal oestrogen as well, that was knocking around, and ..OMG the difference to sex life!! Easy orgasms!!!   Is this ok though?? my doc gave me 2 yrs ago, and not sure if really safe to use with Everol..

It is fine to use local oestrogen alongside systemic, many of us on here need to do that. Glad to hear you are feeling better now. I also had to switch from gel to patch due to poor absorption from the gel. I am glad to leave the gels behind as the patch is much less of a faff.

JP x