Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: At my wits end now 😩  (Read 8863 times)

Mrs Bennet

At my wits end now 😩
« on: April 04, 2019, 10:35:13 AM »

Just returned from yet another doctors appointment......so an update......vaginal scan result was fine so that is good......however still have uti type symtoms some days worse than others have had 3 urine infections since December .....doctor has now said to stop ovestin ( stings like mad) and gives headaches and not to use Vagifem either.....and is now sending me for scan of bladder to check emptying ok 😳......did vaguely mention bladder stretching if needed ......don't think i will go down that route......i am at my wits end ....i have got mild atrophy not as bad as some of you ladies...but now seems they are going look at bladder ....just need reassurance xx

jaypo

Re: At my wits end now 😩
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 10:50:15 AM »

Hi there Mrs B I suffered terribly with uti's one after the other,they've stopped now thankfully,was told it's par for the course.not on hrt so can't comment on that,sorry.hope you get some relief soon xx

JaneinPen

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 11:08:37 AM »

Interesting Mrs Bennet because I too had so many UTI's around two years ago that my doctor actually recommended me to start using Vagifem as it is known to help women. I did a lot of research, asked questions on here because my mother died of B.C (CLKD was particularly helpful) and decided to start using it.  I also had a cystoscopy which showed nothing. I had the scan with a full bladder followed by an empty one and nothing. In all honesty my GP did send my sample for further tests after the sixth UTI in a row because the normal ones were negative and they showed that I had a hard to treat bacteria. This she treated with two weeks of antibiotics and I then started the Vagifem. I think your GP needs to do a bit of checking on post meno ladies as he/she is ill informed in my humble opinion

Robin

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 11:16:06 AM »

Hi mrs B,

I have a bad reaction to oestrogen creams but have been fine with estring which is a silicone ring that slowly realeases the estrogen stored at its core. There are no fillers so less chance of a reaction. It has really helped prevent the recurring UTIs I was struggling with

Robin

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 11:21:41 AM »

Worth its weight in gold  ;D

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 11:56:32 AM »

Thank you all 🤗........Herdwick i have recently finished a week course of nitrofurantoin and really think i should of had longer.....as previously have had 2 x 3 day and 1 other 7 say course all since December.....the samples which are sent off come back with bacteria even though dip shows nothing......doctor is sending off todays sample so we will see.....i just feel uncomfortable all the time ....I don't really go to the loo more and I don't need to get up in the night......so goodness knows whats going on .....I won't have a stretch though even if they say i need it .....😳.....don't know how to address the atrophy treatment or lack of it if doctor has said leave off for the time being ....have to admit it wasn't really helping ....but probably not used for long enough xx

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2019, 12:14:43 PM »

Birdy i hope you are right......yep scan was with probe......report didn't mention bladder and I don't have ovaries.....it  reported vagina  atrophic and that the uterus lining was thin 😳.....xx

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2019, 12:19:27 PM »

Is estriol not the same as ovestin 😳??

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2019, 01:10:57 PM »

Thank you so much Birdy.....i feel very low after my appointment this morning .....doc doesn't want to see me until after i have had scan 😩...which no doubt will be a few weeks as she said it wasn't urgent....so will not be able to ask for an alternative oestrogen.....I'm going on holiday soon so now really worried.....have seen 3 different doctors plus nurse since December and don't feel i am any further forward xx

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2019, 01:26:02 PM »

I have Vagifem and ovestin.....however i seem to be sensitive to  both ......which is why doctor said stop i guess....also told me if I hadn't seen any bladder improvement at all after the 2 week loading & then twice weekly it probably wasn't going to work for me ......xx

jessieblue

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2019, 01:45:51 PM »

I went through a bad time of bladder problems and a few UTIs.  When I first had it....10 years ago I was diagnosed with interstitial cystitis which freaked me out but a low dose of amitriptyline did settle my bladder dowm after a while.  Then I had a mirena coil fitted for heavy bleeding so maybe that helped too but it went away for a long time.  It returned 2 years ago but with another UTI followed by persistent bladder irritation sensitivity and urgency etc.  I have prolapses too so maybe related but basically they found nothing wrong with my bladder after tests including a cystoscopy.  I think it may be hormonal but also anxiety driven in me.  I wondered if that might be the case for you too?  I also cannot use oestrogen cream.  It makes me burn and get thrush and vaifem has also just ended with crazy inflammation with a horrid itchy rash.  So HRT is a no for me but D mannose YES and multigym with olive amd bee are what give me relief.

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2019, 02:03:01 PM »

Thank you jessieblue.....i have yes moisturiser and will look into D mannose ..........you could also be right on the anxiety front i am in overdrive today 😩
....thinking you may be right about the doctor   Birdy......both ovestin and Vagifem gave me horrendous headache but thinking maybe should have persevered now don't know what to do for the best... just keep thinking something horrid is wrong with my bladder xx

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2019, 02:16:27 PM »

Just been looking at the D mannose will it work if i have an infection.....all mine have been  ecoli .......and which one is best as there are several.....mildest maybe the way forward for me to start with as seem to have sensitivity to most meds 🙄 xx

Tc

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2019, 02:36:06 PM »

Mrs b. I dont find estriol 0.01 stings. I use it on the outside.It is weaker than ovestin. So internal dose from applicator is more cream than ovestin. I find it helps with dryness but hasn't helped my bladder.
D mannose sounds interesting.

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2019, 02:42:31 PM »

At least i don't have blood in my pee....what is it with these doctors....appointments are like hens teeth so will probably have to just wait for scan and self treat in the interim .....you have all been so helpful as ever xx
Pages: [1] 2 3