Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: At my wits end now 😩  (Read 8862 times)

suzysunday

Re: At my wits end now 😩
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2019, 04:21:16 PM »

How ridiculous of your gp to say it won't work after a 2 week load and 2x week and you shouldn't have to wait for something else till after your scan.  Surely they can prescribe some of the estriol that is mentioned on here.  I feel so angry for you.  I really wonder why some of these people become gp's they are so uncaring.

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2019, 05:06:40 PM »

I know Suzysunday it's just crazy.....have just ordered some Dmannose will try anything......doubt if todays sample results will be back until next week so need to just help myself......if I don't get any relief i will get an emergency appointment next week.......Birdy suggested the GUM clinic but I don't have the confidence to go there .....pathetic i know 🙄 xx

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2019, 05:13:47 PM »

Forgot to say doctor dismissed womens physio so i have made a private appointment only problem cannot get an appointment until the end of the month 🙄 xx

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2019, 05:38:23 PM »

Will give it more consideration Birdy 😊......thank you so much for your advice I'm trying to be more positive and get the anxiety under control.....got burning now 😳 not inside ....outside ....DMannose on its way should get it tomorrow.....🤞 it will help xx

suzysunday

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2019, 06:22:46 PM »

That is the same with me Birdy, nearly 3 years since I was diagnosed and health anxiety has gone through the roof.  Mrs  Bennett, this condition makes you feel so down.  Maybe pluck up the courage and go to a gum clinic and get some answers. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2019, 06:38:27 PM »

Late to this.

Vaginal Atrophy mimics urine infection-type symptoms really really well. 

There are other conditions that also cause bladder irritation - have you read the thread about that here?  I can't remember the title, sorry  :-\

In the mean time take some pain relief!

Tc

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2019, 10:17:24 PM »

Mrs b. I'm so sorry your doc dismissed physio. It's so unfair you have to go private when it is available on NHS and others have got it. It actually makes me want to cry to think you have been denied it. I wish I could help.
Hope the damorose helps
X

JaneinPen

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2019, 07:52:53 AM »

Thank you all 🤗........Herdwick i have recently finished a week course of nitrofurantoin and really think i should of had longer.....as previously have had 2 x 3 day and 1 other 7 say course all since December.....the samples which are sent off come back with bacteria even though dip shows nothing......doctor is sending off todays sample so we will see.....i just feel uncomfortable all the time ....I don't really go to the loo more and I don't need to get up in the night......so goodness knows whats going on .....I won't have a stretch though even if they say i need it .....😳.....don't know how to address the atrophy treatment or lack of it if doctor has said leave off for the time being ....have to admit it wasn't really helping ....but probably not used for long enough xx
The nitrofuritoin will not work if you have an underlying issue like I did which was not showing up on the usual sample test. I would ask for your sample to be tested further to see if there is an infection that is not showing up. Quite a few ladies find that putting the vagifem in lower down is better than higher up

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2019, 08:12:18 AM »

Thanks CLKD .....yes TC i feel cross too but feel after reading about other ladies like yourself who have seen a physio and it has helped i want to give it a go and if private is the only way 🙄......Herdwick do you know what bug they found......mine have been Ecoli and “something cocous”
😳🤣 on all occasions have had nitrofurantoin.....doctor has sent off sample yesterday xx

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2019, 09:49:00 AM »

Birdy this is a changed doctor 😳....the previous one was worse ....no hope xx

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2019, 10:07:34 AM »

Sort of sounds like me.....the surgery i had for years merged with another and my GP who was wonderful retired .....now we have this which is just a sham really they actually lost a urine sample of mine ......couldn't  make it up.....i really don't have confidence in any of them.....but what do you do 🙄 xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2019, 10:33:32 AM »

You need to know which 'coccus' it might be!   E-coli is common, we all carry it.  At least your samples have been sent to a Lab.. Of course, you could ring your local Pharmacist and ask what might show in a urine sample, i.e. what 'coccus' might mean.

Get some pain relief down you regularly.  Ring the Dept which will do the scan and see if you can take a cancellation ..... some fail to show so an appt. means you could step in at the last moment?  If you don't ask you won't get!

Maybe use KY Jelly >ducks< or another soothing ointment in outer areas.  Drink enough.  I find the former really helps any dryness as well as Ovestin inserted by applicator.

Repeated ABs will fail to work after a while  ::)

suzysunday

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2019, 03:58:04 PM »

Just want to say know how you feel mrs Bennett.  Struggling myself lately with symptoms like you.  Exhausted.

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2019, 05:42:05 PM »

Empathise with you Suzysunday just so exhausting as you say.....my Dmannose arrived this afternoon have now taken 2 doses ......hoping for a miracle 🤞 xx

Thank you for your advice as always CLKD xx

JaneinPen

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2019, 05:56:59 PM »

Thanks CLKD .....yes TC i feel cross too but feel after reading about other ladies like yourself who have seen a physio and it has helped i want to give it a go and if private is the only way 🙄......Herdwick do you know what bug they found......mine have been Ecoli and “something cocous”
😳🤣 on all occasions have had nitrofurantoin.....doctor has sent off sample yesterday xx

Unfortunately I didn't write it down but the normal tests that they do did not show it up on the six occasions it was sent off for testing. The drug you have been given is the go to one for UTI's and didn't work at all for me because of the infection. The GP (a different one thankfully)that I spoke to on the seventh occasion was the one that said it needed further testing as clearly there was an underlying issue.  It took longer to come back but it did show the hard to treat bacteria.  E.coli was and is present in all of us so it would show up.  I know you are fed up but it would be a good idea to ask if your sample could go to a lab that will check it for more than the usual. I hope you get a bit of respite soon
Pages: 1 [2] 3