Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Knives: holidays: Drugs in Schools?  (Read 7647 times)

jaypo

Re: Drugs in Schools?
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2019, 08:08:24 AM »

😆🤣😂 probably think it's a new drug on the market
Although one of our “customers “ was a divinity student at one time,guess drugs can take a hold of pretty much anyone  :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2019, 10:26:41 AM »

We all have our stresses and none of us know what will lift us and many try drugs and get caught in the spiral.  Certainly Methadone isn't always the answer. I think that more addicts should attend schools to talk to staff and pupils, bringing the situation over.  Hard.  Like road accidents we can always think that it won't happen to us  :'(

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2019, 03:26:36 PM »

I've never been aware to be honest, other than at festivals.  I would run a mile if I thought anyone was on anything that was going to make them  :sick02:  :-\

jaypo

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2019, 03:47:08 PM »

We were cornered in our pharmacy one day,had to put shutters down and call the police as it was Xmas eve and we had told ALL the addicts to be in by 3pm as methadone had to be all tallied and returned to safe early for the two days we were shut but this one guy was late and it had all been put away,he went ballistic and as he stormed out we quickly locked the door,he then started kicking the door and screaming at us,calling us for everything,was only 3 of us,all women,we were terrified,luckily police sorted it all out but you've no idea what used to go on,some days they could hardly say their own name

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2019, 03:51:52 PM »

So sad.  Fear makes people angry  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2019, 06:36:55 PM »

Same here - at least I could return to my GP and ask for something else. 

CLKD

Marching in school hours (was Drugs in Schools?)
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2019, 03:28:44 PM »

How about a meander?

Kids taking part in 'marches'/dmonstrations against climate change.  How does that work then?  Allowed out of school to march but if the parents take their kids on holiday without permission, they get fined  :-\

jaypo

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2019, 03:33:47 PM »

Yep,one rule for one and one rule for the other

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2019, 03:35:57 PM »

How can a School have powers to fine parents  :-\

I do believe though that there should be a Register of those who are Home Schooled.

Taz2

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2019, 05:15:29 PM »

I think that if pupils are allowed to holiday during term time then teachers should be too. Not sure how parents would take it though if there was no teacher  :-\

I agree that a Home School register should have been set up ages ago.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2019, 05:28:33 PM »

Criky Taz they get 6 weeks from School in the Summer as it is!  We did have 2 weeks off to pick strawberries ........ and if children are allowed to march instead of being at lessons, then the parents should not be fined.  After all travel is education too.

Taz2

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2019, 05:57:19 PM »

Yes but if the teachers have six weeks off in the summer then surely the children have too? I just wondered how the parents would react if they dropped their children off only to be told that the school was very sorry but the teacher is away on holiday - come back next week.  ;D

Taz x

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2019, 07:09:17 PM »

When my son was in Reception and year 1 we took him out of school for a week tagging it onto May half term this was back in 2007 & 2008 we had to fill in a form explaining the reason and the head would sign of on it. Back then my hubby had a job that meant Easter was year end, July/Aug was budgets/reports and so it went on only time we could go on a family holiday was May. I was always against taking son out but we wouldn't have had a holiday otherwise.
On the radio the other week discussion on holidays and it works out cheaper to pay a fine on top of holiday costs than it costs to go in Aug!

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2019, 07:09:53 PM »

Happen you should mention it - training days - suddenly decided upon so parents have to either take a day off work or find other care.

Every day is a learning curve.  So taking a child out of school to do something else shouldn't be 'wrong'.  It's all due to the Curriculum where very child across the country has to be reading the same book at the same time - no flexibility.

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2019, 07:21:06 PM »

I feel sorry for the parents that have a child in primary school in North Yorks and a child in High school in East Yorks and some of the holidays are never the same weeks and as for training days it is so difficult for parents that work, I was lucky I didn't work and had one of my friends children round when she was working.
Pages: 1 [2] 3