Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Elleste Duet 2mg out of stock, given Kliofem instead!  (Read 6898 times)

CrumbleCat

Elleste Duet 2mg out of stock, given Kliofem instead!
« on: April 03, 2019, 06:35:42 AM »

I've had 2 very happy years on Elleste Duet sequential hrt- apart from quite heavy breakthrough bleeds - but now it's out of stock, as are all the alternatives it would seem after spending a good 30 minutes with the pharmacist last week. They have suggested Kliofem as the closest alternative in terms of content but this is a conti and as far as I know I'm still perimenopausal so I'm really nervous about taking this. I'm really unsure what to do, should I give it a go and see what happens.... any advice?

Robin

Re: Elleste Duet 2mg out of stock, given Kliofem instead!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 06:53:37 AM »

I'm not sure  changing to a conti regime would be the right thing to do at this stage especially when you were settled on sequential. Have you considered Evorel sequi patches? They have the same estrogen and progestogen as elleste duet but patch form.

CrumbleCat

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 07:02:39 AM »

Thank you so much for your response Robin. Patches haven’t ever been mentioned to me. I seem to spend my time  being bounced between locum GPs, pharmacists and doctors receptionists. I shall do some more reading to see if the patches would suit me and get back into the doctors. I did  think it was strange that I was being recommended the conti but all I’ve been told by the pharmacist is to ‘see how they go’ !

Robin

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 07:06:06 AM »

I changed from elleste to Evorel sequi with no problems. Good luck
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 07:24:06 AM by Robin »

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 07:16:43 AM »

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/perimeno.php

Hi have a look at this link.

There are 2 other HRTs with the same preparation as Elleste Duet. One is Clinorette and one is Trisequens. Ask your pharmacist if these are available.

Femoston would be another option , although a different progesterone or patches, as has been suggested .

Or you could go onto Oestrogel and Utrogestan or oestrogen patches and Utrogestan. X

CrumbleCat

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2019, 08:19:11 AM »

Thank you Dotty - I might do some ringing round pharmacies now to see who has what in stock before I get back into the Doctors's surgery. This has been so useful as I've been worried all week about taking the Kliofem in a couple of weeks when my Elleste runs out. I'm only (☺️) 48 so I'll sure I'll be back on here again in the future when the alternative hrt has manufacturing issues. 🙄

CrumbleCat

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2019, 08:33:44 AM »

Right - I've found a pharmacy that can get Trisequens in for me, doctor will issue a new prescription, here's hoping it all falls into place. Thank you to everyone who responded and read. I might not wake at 4am worrying about it now. 🤞🏻

Robin

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2019, 08:34:43 AM »

Lovely news crumblecat

Dotty

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2019, 11:12:32 AM »

Good luck x