News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: New  (Read 1574 times)

mandoz

New
« on: April 01, 2019, 05:37:23 AM »

Hello.
I'm new to this. Am feeling overwhelmed with menopause symptoms and very confused.
I was told I had a bulky uterus last year so was advised to have add back Therapy. Injection once a month and add back hormones daily.
I didn't connect it for a while but I started to get the most awful chest pains. So I stopped just before the 3rd injection was due.
I was then told after an MRI that my uterus was normal so was prescribed kliovance. I'm too scared to take it.
I haven't read anything positive
I'm desperate though.
I have anxiety symptoms, vaginal problems. Dry and needing the loo always.
Dry eyes.
Period pains all the time. Haven't had a period since October.
I've lost any interest in sex and I'm moody.
I don't know what to do.
Any advice would be very welcome. Thank you

Taz2

Re: New
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 06:09:37 AM »

Hi mandoz. I'm sure that things will get much better for you now that you've found us.

I'm a bit puzzled as Kliovance is usually prescribed for post menopausal women and you are not post menopausal until you've not had a period for twelve months. Is add-back therapy the prostap injections? Also how old are you?

Sorry this is brief but I'm in the middle of the trying-to-get-organised-in-the-morning mayhem and wanted you to know that your post had been read.

Taz X  :welcomemm:

mandoz

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 06:52:45 AM »

It was a gnhr agonist add back and I'm 49.
I'm terrified of taking kliovance but feel quite desperate.
I'm seeing a gynocologist but I'm still not sure I'm being given the right advice.
Thank you

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 04:51:05 PM »

Do you have any health conditions such as endometriosis?

Sorry you haven't had other replies yet but if you can also post under the New Members thread then more of us will notice it and can welcome you.

Taz xx

Tc

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 11:22:52 PM »

Mandoz. Welcome to the forum. Just wanted to say hi. And echo what Taz has said about posting under new member. Im sure other ladies will be along tommorow to reply x

Rosti

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2019, 11:33:08 AM »

Hi Mandoz,

Firstly, welcome to the forum.

Humour me,  as I understand it,  the add back protocol is used off label with a gnrh agonist to act upon the pituitary gland to suppress oestrogen production.  I also understand that it can be used for people with severe PMD and PMDD although this is not the case for me.  Either which way, it effectively puts the person into "chemical menopause".  Then oestrogen is added manually, usually in the form of a patch to supplement the levels and provide a more controlled environment and more balance in the hormone levels.

I have been on such a protocol since mid 2018, firstly using the Synarel nasal spray, and then Zoladex injections on a 3 monthly basis.  The plan is to continue this until fairly confident that menopause has been achieved in the background so probably a couple of years.

To that I add estradot patches and have a mirena coil to provide for endometrial clearance.  I do not have a monthly bleed as a result of the mirena but as I understand, I would be classed as menopausal and treated on a continuous regime if I didn't have the mirena.

For me it has had its ups and downs but mainly ups.  Getting the patch balance right is the biggest challenge I find but I feel more like me again.

Hope this helps....